• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Need info on Urbanicity

biscuit

Cyburbian
Need info

Has anyone here ever worked with or have information on a group by the name of Urbanicity ?

A friend of mine who works for a nationwide sustainability non-profit said they were considering getting Urbanicity to do some work for them but really didn't know much about them or their reputation. Because my friend isn't really in the planning profession she asked me for info and, well, I wasn't of any help. So here I am tuning to the Trobbing Brian of Cyburbia.

Anyone have the 411?

Rem

Cyburbian
Re: Need info

biscuit said:
So here I am tuning to the Trobbing Brian of Cyburbia.
It's now Trobbing? It won't be long and this whole site will be completely indecipherable.

BTW I don't know Urbanicity - cool name though - I'd employ them just because of the name.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Isn't there an "accreditted" list of consultants somewhere? I remember using it frequently at my old job, but don't recall who put it together. It may have been an APA thing.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Mike D. said:
Isn't there an "accreditted" list of consultants somewhere? I remember using it frequently at my old job, but don't recall who put it together. It may have been an APA thing.
If APA put together a list of "accredited" consultants it would likely be identical to their list of advertisers.

Sorry, but I have not heard of Urbanicity either.

tsc

Cyburbian
I check out their website,,, no one uses them in our County... but it seems like you can really check out their work pretty well... I looked at a few websites for other communities in NY. Maybe you could find a community near you that uses them and ask them directly.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Need info

Rem said:
It's now Trobbing? It won't be long and this whole site will be completely indecipherable.
I would say that it can trob all it wants because I'm in the clube, but the truth is that I'm just sometimes inattentive with my spelling.

Anyway, Thanks for the help guys. I passed on the info to my friend that no one has really heard of them and she has decided against using their services. Apparently they're geared more towards munis and urban planner types, and her group works more with the construction industry and housing authorities.