• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Neighborhood Plans

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I am responsible for doing 12 neighborhood plans throughout my city. This is probably a 5-7 year process (I will be long gone by the time it is complete). I have a format (created by my predecessor ) that I have been following, but I believe that there are better ways to do these neighborhood plans. Does anyone have any online examples that you can point me to or plans that that would be willing to e-mail to me? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Visit my web site, http://www.cityofwhitewater.com, and look in the resource library. You should be able to download the Central Area Plan, East Whitewater Neighborhood Plan and West Whitewater Neighborhood Plan. I have some other examples I can send to you (that frankly, may be better). Send me you address and I'll try to get them off to you.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Hartford, WI did their plans by neighborhood when I was there. I dont know if they still do. Contact John Spielmann at 262.673.8248.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Thanks for the links - The Whitewater site crashed as I was trying to print one of the plans and now it doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Lee Nellis

Cyburbian
I don't have any that are suitable for an urban commnuity, but I have seen some very nice neighborhood plans from Salt Lake City. Might try their planning department.