• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Nemesis

BKM

Cyburbian
Anyone going to see Star Trek: Nemesis?

I STILL think Picard was the best Captain (Although Deep Space Nine was the best series, imo)

nerudite

Cyburbian
BKM said:

I STILL think Picard was the best Captain (Although Deep Space Nine was the best series, imo)
Not if I can help it... Spening $30 for two people to see a 2-hour Star Trek episode just isn't in the cards. Of course, I probably would have come up with some other excuse, even if I wasn't broke. ;)

Habanero

Cyburbian
I read an article/spoiler that says this will be the last one and who dies at the end.

After I read that, I don't have much desire to go.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I'll wait for the DVD even though I'm a trek geek. I have all (yes ALL) of the TNG series on Columbia House collectors series videos. I plan to sell them on half.com and then get the DVDs to save space.

I think that will be a rental. Never really got into the Star Trek pheonmenon. I was just thinking about this the other day - since the last movie, what has the cast of TNG been doing with themselves, aside from Patrick Stewart? You just never see them anywhere.

BKM said:

I'll be going, as soon as I can work out babysitting...

I hope it isn't another Trek movie where they have to somehow, awkwardly, work into the script things that fans of the series have learned and absorbed years ago. (Data is an android and wants to have feelings, Picard's nephew died in a fire, Troi and Ricker used to roll in the hay together, etc. etc.)

Give me another Wrath of Khan or First Contact! Yeah!

el Guapo

Capitalist
bturk said:
I'll wait for the DVD even though I'm a trek geek. I have all (yes ALL) of the TNG series on Columbia House collectors series videos. I plan to sell them on half.com and then get the DVDs to save space.
What price would be a fair place to start the bidding?