• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Neo-Cons, Cultists and Moonies. Oh my!

biscuit

Cyburbian
From the UK Guardian online.

Moonie leader 'crowned' in Senate
"The US Senate was used for a bizarre ritual in which the Rev Sun Myung Moon, the head of the Unification church, was "crowned" and declared himself the messiah in the presence of more than a dozen Republican and Democratic members of Congress, it was reported yesterday.
"Emperors, kings and presidents ... have declared to all heaven and Earth that Reverend Sun Myung Moon is none other than humanity's saviour, messiah, returning Lord and true parent," the 85-year-old Korean "Moonie" cult leader told several hundred guests at the meeting in one of the Senate's office buildings on March 23, according to the Washington Post."

Read the full article here.

WTF!!!! I'm sorry but I find this beyond bizarre. Kind of disturbing even.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
NPR had a story about this also -
:-0 B-) very disturbing and not right if you ask me.

Rev. Moon's Crowning on Capitol Hill Brings Disclaimers

NPR's Melissa Block talks with John Gorenfeld, a freelance writer for Salon.com and writer of the blog "Where in Washington, D.C., Is Sun Myung Moon?," about a peculiar ceremony held at the Dirksen Senate Office Building this past March. In the course of the event, Moon declared himself the Messiah. Most congressmen who attended the event are now distancing themselves from Moon and his claims.

» Visit Gorenfeld's Moon Page: http://www.gorenfeld.net/blog/

Last edited:

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
I demand equal time for the Scientologists! ;)
That's no problem. Just come up with some crisis, like using alar on apples, and any number of Hollywood "experts" such as Scientologists Tom Cruise, John Travolta or Jenna Elfman will be happy to testify before Congress.
Celebrity Scientologists

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Further proof why our current government needs to be seriously reformed or for that matter overthrown :eek:|

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:
Further proof why our current government needs to be seriously reformed or for that matter overthrown :eek:|

SHHHHHH! 8-! ASSCROFT IS LISTEMING! :-c YOULL DISAPEAER! :d:

BKM

Cyburbian
Well, Moon contributes millions, has similar social views as far-right Republicans, controls a major (if ridiculous) Conservative newspaper,and probably has the goods on a lot of people. I really doubt they knew he was going to crown himself Messiah-I imagine there was a lot of embarrassment. At least, I hope so. Maybe George W is the AntiChrist? :)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
BKM said:
...Maybe George W is the AntiChrist? :)

No, he's merely the handpuppet being manipulated by the true Anti-Christ......Barbara Bush!!!!!

:-D