• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Never leave the keys in your car

nerudite

Cyburbian
In the winter the crime rate spikes here in Edmonton from people leaving their keys in the cars. What morons.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
I've hard of many strange things happening at Denny's resturants late a night but this takes the cake.

AWE MAN sucks to be them. I thought the article was going to say they locked their keys in the car.

I wonder what person was willing to let 3 nake guys sit in their car. I hope they had a towel or something to sit on. I know I wouldn't want someones naked booty sittin my seats.

Personally I'd make the morons stand in the mens room until to cops showed up.

donk

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
In the winter the crime rate spikes here in Edmonton from people leaving their keys in the cars. What morons.
Guilty as charged. I frequently leave my keys in the or the car running. One of teh joys of living in a small town. Not going to get very far driving my car without someone noticing it is not me behind the wheel. (Roof rack and stickers give it away).

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
donk said:
Guilty as charged. stickers give it away).
? What stickers do you have on your car?

What do you think - a new thread asking this question?

nerudite

Cyburbian
donk said:
Guilty as charged. I frequently leave my keys in the or the car running. One of teh joys of living in a small town. Not going to get very far driving my car without someone noticing it is not me behind the wheel. (Roof rack and stickers give it away).
Still... you are asking for trouble! I only leave my car running when I have an extra set of keys with me. I don't care if it's -40... no extra key, not leaving my car running.

donk

Cyburbian
No worry about being locked out, my car is super easy to break into (the lock on the trunk does not work)

Stickers on my car are all bike related.

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
donk said:
No worry about being locked out, my car is super easy to break into (the lock on the trunk does not work)

Stickers on my car are all bike related.
Thanks for telling us exactly which car it is, and exactly how to steal it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to make a quick trip to NB.

donk

Cyburbian
BiteMeElmo said:
Thanks for telling us exactly which car it is, and exactly how to steal it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to make a quick trip to NB.
Do me the favour and steal it. It is paid for and I could use the insurance money. While you are at it please burn the house down too.

H

Cyburbian
Funny, I used to leave everything unlocked until I moved to Miami. When I first got here I would get in trouble at work for not locking, get this, the door by my desk that leads to the hallway. I mean this was while I was sitting at the desk during the day, not even at night or anything. You see I would always forget because I had been previously living with some friends in Knoxville where literally no one who lived there had a key, rather we just had an unlocked door policy. But I was quickly brainwashed to lock everything and now I do.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Rumpy Tunanator said:
I have my missile locked on your house's coordinates as we speak. Hope you didn't leave any pets inside;)
;) Save the bicycles!

Last edited: