• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Never officially introduced myself....

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
... so I figure I have to back up the other ladies on this board (what, are there five of them now?). I am a young(er) female of 28 years, and work as the City Planner for a small municipality in SW Michigan (hence my handler - not too original huh?). I have been here two years - before that I was in grad school. I don't wear khaki pants and blue shirts, don't consider myself *too* geeky, and not a lesbian.

I haven't posted too much, but love to lurk. You guys crack my @$$! It's nice to know there are people out there that understand the.......joys (?) of planning :)

Ummm...what else am I supposed to say........

Mastiff

Gunfighter
SW MI Planner wrote:
Ummm...what else am I supposed to say........
That you are interested in entering the Cyburbia "Win a Date with Dan Tasman" contest?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Dan - you don't want people pimping you out? Aw, come on!! Thanks for the lead with the fisherman, but actually I am engaged and getting married in October. I don't think my fiance would like me soliciting men on the internet :)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
woohooo more women! *not that i am THAT way ya know*

Congrats Dan! Just be sure the dogs approve of her :)

Danie

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Hmmm...

SW MI Planner wrote:
Dan - you don't want people pimping you out? Aw, come on!! Thanks for the lead with the fisherman, but actually I am engaged and getting married in October. I don't think my fiance would like me soliciting men on the internet :)
Soliciting is *such* an ugly word...

Procuring? Enticing? Even beseeching, perhaps?

Jen

Cyburbian
Thanks for checking in to the hospitality suite swmp I think michigan is leading in number of frequent posters here now!

What town are you in? I'm in NE Kent County.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Good for Michigan :) We usually are not too well represented, with the exception of the RED WINGS! Whoah Hoah!

((sheepishly plugging their awesome season.....))

I am in Coldwater, which is in Branch County. It is about 45 minutes south of Battle Creek. I actually never heard of it until I applied for the job! I am originally from the Saginaw area. Do you work for a government or consulting firm? I'm the lone planner here with the City.

Jen

Cyburbian
Hey! No, I'm a P.I. planning imposter. I work for free, and it is for the government!!!

I'm familiar with Coldwater, and the St. Joe River down to Three Rivers. I am determined to get to Battle Creek's Binder Park Zoo this summer too!

I gotta admit I sorta took notice of those Red Wings too!