• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

New Addiction

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Ok many of us suffer from Cyburbia addiction, there is no known cure so we all just lump in together and take it-and enjoy.

However in the last few months i have stumbled upon a new addiction,even more powerful than here *hard to belive eh?*

Live journal www.livejournal.com

its a blog and my GOD its addictive!

Anyone else addicted to such things?

PG

The Irish One

Hi my name is Irish one and I am a Cyburbia addict! I don't want to talk about how much I ruminate on this site. At first it was just a afterwork thing maybe 2-4 times a week and now I shamelessly visit every otherminute scouring all the greatness of this site. Everyday I'm looking at pictures, post and dreaming of how the worlds terrain would be so much better if I could plan it and zone it! I'm serious people, I really do this. Well thanks for hearing me out.

The Irish One

would you like a cup of coffee? let's have a smoke-do you got a light?

By the way where is the above city? A little treat in the addicts corner

BKM

Cyburbian
Amongs the hoi polloi?

Statler, you are not REALLY typing from Louisburg Square? If so, is your butler or manservent typing the e-messages for you? :)

I AM DANGEROUSLY ADDICTED! My day goes: do a little work on my reports...get bored...Log onto Cyburbia.....do a little work....log on

Horrible, horrible Cyburbia.

Habanero

Cyburbian
My unborn children are going to be addicted to Cyburbia. My skin ithces when I don't log on; forget slow days, I start to pace and get frantic.

Jeff

Cyburbian
I've begun working on the 12 Steps and Traditions of Cyburbia Annonymous...due for release in early 2003.

How do you think *I* feel? Five days in the wilderness of Central New York with no internet connection? I'm actually feeling a little bit high right now from my first Cyburbia hit in almost a week! ahhhhhhhh. that's the stuff!

donk

Cyburbian
I am fearing the week off between christmas and new years, I hope the dial up connection at my parent's is working ok.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I've been off work since Thursday, and won't be back till Jan 6. And here I am on Cyburbia anyway...nuff said!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
The Irish one said:
I need a sponsor, I'm just not sure if this is the right place to llok
Looking for a sponsor here is like asking a one of the folks lining up at the free needle van to help you kick your smack habit.

donk

Cyburbian
I have to admit, I lurked last night real quick, then signed in today.

Hello my name is donk and i have a problem, the phone connection at my parent's is too slow to really enjoy cyburbia or the internet.

The Irish One

wow this is a great meeting. I think it's time for a prayer, a prayer to admit we are all powerless to this site and there is a greater power to guide us. And Donk if you're going to take hit of Cyburbia, shouldn't you just sign in and do it, you have a problem so be honest and be the pathetic addict that you are, that we are, and sign in. God Bless

Repo Man

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
Ok many of us suffer from Cyburbia addiction, there is no known cure so we all just lump in together and take it-and enjoy.

However in the last few months i have stumbled upon a new addiction,even more powerful than here *hard to belive eh?*

Live journal www.livejournal.com

its a blog and my GOD its addictive!

Anyone else addicted to such things?

PG
Thanks a lot PlannerGirl...now in addition to my Cyburbia addiction, I am toking on the Live Journal crack pipe too. Maybe we could have Dan set up a blog section of Cyburbia where we can all make journal enteries bitching about the public, developers, and whatever else. On second thought, my performance evaluation is coming up at work, so put that idea on hold. ;)

donk

Cyburbian
I'll be leaving the office shortly to go to halifax for a meeting. Hope I can survive 1 1/2 days without all of you. Please no really fun(ny) threads while I am away or I'll get no work done on monday as I will have to catch up.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Even I got addicted to Cyburbia, even though I'm not a Planner, just an Architect wannabe :D (I'll be starting my first year of Architecture on March)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Re: Re: New Addiction

jtfortin said:
Maybe we could have Dan set up a blog section of Cyburbia where we can all make journal enteries bitching about the public, developers, and whatever else.
I'm going to be using Moveable Type, which allows users to customize their blogs more so than the other blogger programs out there.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Great...just great - as if this place wasn't addictive enough already, Dan. This'll just send us all over the edge!

nerudite

Cyburbian
I know... I was thinking the same thing. That is, until I thought of how often we all curse the 60 second rule. Maybe it will be fun to match wits sometime in real-time...

Queen B

Cyburbian
Hello my name is Queen B and my husband is hopelessly addicted to Cyburbia.(In my best AA Voice, no offense intended to AA)
He is so busy at work that he is unable to sneak his Cyburbia fix while at work so that it doesn't interfer in his home life. So he comes home and spends hours going through current and old posts to gain the back ground so that he can speak with all of you intelligently.

I had to make him step away from the keyboard last night so that he could smell our roses. You know the old saying....

Then he went right back to it, staying up later and later just to absorb the wealth of knowledge and information contained on our pages.

CAN ANYBODY OUT THERE HELP ME!!!!! :-c

Budgie

Cyburbian
Hello, my name is Budgie. I have an addiction which is reprocitory in that which I am addicted to is likewise attracted to me. I'm talking about this hopeless addiction I have to people who can do me ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD. Not only am I addicted, but they seem to be attracted to me like moths to a porch light. Why is it that most of these creatures have already claimed a victim other than myself. Over the past year and a half there have been at least 3 cases of new addiction on my part. I am on the wagon now and hope to stay on for awhile --- or at least until I get desperate. ;) Maybe I should pick up a hobby like Lacrosse.