• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

New Avatar Theme Week July 28 - August 1 2003 Yearbook Photos!

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
PlannerGirl said:
wow someone that looked good in high school!

Well....you do have to remember that it hasn't exactly been a long time since Habanero was in High School.....what was it....1996? ;)

PlannerGirl said:

Well, she did only graduate just 5 years ago. Kidding, hon!

My senior photos aren't bad - but there are some really cringe worthy photos of me out there from when I was 14 in 1988 and my parents sent me to, yes, Barbizon Modelling School. Unfortunately, my dad is a graphics guy, so on the occasional christmas or birthday, when I'm least expecting it, one of my presents will be a giant poster of me in a jane fonda spandex workout outfit (With headband!).

Habanero

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
Well....you do have to remember that it hasn't exactly been a long time since Habanero was in High School.....what was it....1996? ;)

Yeah, that picture was from October 1996. You know, I had it easy, big hair was out and I'd had contacts for a long time. :)

NHPlanner said:
Which would make this your avatar.....
thanks, I couldn't get it small enough, master! ;)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Downtown said:
Unfortunately, my dad is a graphics guy, so on the occasional christmas or birthday, when I'm least expecting it, one of my presents will be a giant poster of me in a jane fonda spandex workout outfit (With headband!).

OMG! I remember the headband craze. What was that, 1982-3?

Michael Stumpf said:
OMG! I remember the headband craze. What was that, 1982-3?

you would think. we had to have a "sporty" outfit, and since in my rural cow town, that consisted of baggy shorts and t-shirt, the Jane Fonda outfit was one that I considered suitably glamorous for a Barbizon photo shoot. damn, i was a dumb ass. :)

nerudite

Cyburbian
My senior photo isn't too bad either... unfortunately though, that's not the yearbook I found. Oh well... I'm still planning on changing to my prom picture anyway... it's way funny.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
BiteMeElmo said:
Ok, my yearbooks are in storage far away, but I rounded up a prom photo. Enjoy!

I just snorted diet coke into my sinus cavity, thanks!

There are only two words for you, BME:

BIG HAIR

NHPlanner

Staff member
I felt left out, so I grabbed a random pic off the site Dan got his "samples" from......I repeat, this is not me!

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
I had the whole Olivia Newton John thing going in the 80s head band, leg warmers, feathered hair etc

ick

NHPlanner

Staff member
OK...I don't have one of my pics, but I do have my brother's (2 years younger than me, people claim we look alike)....so I'll scan that and use it.

PlannerGirl said:

I will second that sentiment.

I want to thank whomever started this thread. I really had some fantasy that I looked good back then and have really gone to he** since. I feel so much better about my pathetic present-day looks now. So, I am posting here to make my 'entry' official (I did already post once elsewhere with this avatar) and then I think I will 'shut up' for the rest of the week, until we move on to new forms of humiliation.

God, have I changed over the years (and not just my looks). I am not sure it would be possible to recognize me from this picture. I still wear glasses and my mouth still has that lopsided quirk to it. Other than that, it hardly even seems like this could be so much as a blood relative.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Here's my baby picture - circa 1973. I don't have anything else at work. I'll see if I remember something from home.

570Chris-baby-med.JPG

NHPlanner

Staff member
Happy now nerudite? ;)

This pic was the last time I was without facial hair.....

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
NHPlanner said:
Happy now nerudite? ;)

WOW that doesnt even look like you! ROTFLMAO

Queen B

Cyburbian
Well just have to say that, I have been looking at that picture all week thinking that you were pretty darned cute and I am betting that the girls were flocking after you!

( I hope that wasn't to embarassing)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Queen B said:
Oh, not so I bet!

Yeah, I now have a fat neck and fat head. LOL We updated our department web site today - this is the new pic thats out there:

BT.jpg

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
O good lord. I think I need to start PM'ing. :)

Godess - Dont push me baby. Dont push me. :)

nerudite

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
Happy now nerudite? ;)

I was too busy today... I totally missed the unveiling. You were cute in HS!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
PlannerGirl said:
dont ask Chet to open is mouth, god please dont do that its like Pandoras box!

Dont me started on the topic of 'box'. Please dont. *rolls eyes*

NHPlanner

Staff member
nerudite said:
I was too busy today... I totally missed the unveiling. You were cute in HS!

Gawd....I hate that picture. Like I said, it's the last time I didn't have my goatee (I started that as a junior), and I look like such a little kid without it.

Where were people that thought I was cute while I was in HS? ;) I think I had a total af about 10 dates over the course of 4 years back then....

prudence

Cyburbian
Chet said:
Yeah, I now have a fat neck and fat head. LOL We updated our department web site today - this is the new pic thats out there:

BT.jpg

That's the air-brushed version.

prudence

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
oh he looks nice in PINK!

I am 6'2" tall and weigh 210lbs, fit, and very secure. I can carry pink and lavender shirts without fear...only PG will be allowed to make jokes.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
prudence said:
I am 6'2" tall and weigh 210lbs, fit, and very secure. I can carry pink and lavender shirts without fear...only PG will be allowed to make jokes.

I have a friend who fits that description. He also acts like Jack from Will & Grace, and would probably agree with PlannerGirl that you look nice. ;)

prudence

Cyburbian
Michael Stumpf said:
I have a friend who fits that description. He also acts like Jack from Will & Grace, and would probably agree with PlannerGirl that you look nice. ;)

F-F-F-FABULOUS !!!