This course is designed to provide state staff responsible for hazard mitigation planning with an overview of the mitigation planning requirements
established in 44 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) §§201.3(c), 201.4, and 201.5.
- Explain the purpose and intent of state hazard mitigation planning
- Present five guiding principles that are used in plan review
- Describe the requirements for standard state hazard mitigation plans
- Describe the requirements for enhanced state hazard mitigation plans
- Describe the submittal and review procedures for both standard and enhanced state hazard mitigation plans
- Know where to find additional resources