• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 new guy from Malaysia!!!

ycwong80

hi, everyone!!!it's nice to get to know u all here....i'm from Malaysia, taking architecture here in my university....to those who r interested in our regional development in architecture, feel free to write to me... though i'm just a fourth year student, i can share with u my/our experience here in southeast asian countries...

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Welcome

We hope to see you posting and participating regularly!

el Guapo

Capitalist
Welcome

We hope you enjoy your stay here at Cyburbia. Please post as much as you can.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
LOTS of stuff going in in Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, the Philippines. Skylines with daring architecture that make those of North American cities look downright Soviet by comparison ... it's amazing what's going on there. I'm curious about residential development, changes in infrastructure to accomodate the growing middle class, and if the standard of living in rural areas and secondary cities is catching up with that of the major centers.

ycwong80

sth. about malaysia

some of u may think that malaysia is one of the radical islamic countries which is the base of some terrorists, but in fact it isn't...dunno why i make this clarification, but it's FYI....hahaha...architecture in malaysia is still developing its own identity, still a long way to go. some of the projects here is still repeating the same route that developed countries once have been thru... like i heard from my seniors in urban planning that putrajaya, our latest n future administrative capital in our country is using the same prototype of green city which has been proven a failure in england....even the mosque n some of the bldgs in this area carries the characteristics of arabic architecture without portraying any local context...perhaps this is the norm of asian countries, not only malaysia...racing against each other to be more prosperous, without heeding the price that we need to pay.

i'm doing some studies on low-cost housing in malaysia, still in the stage of data-collection. but really, it's true that problem happens when migration from rural to city happens without control...u still can find slums in kuala lumpur....it's a good question that still waits for solution...

glad to know u all here....i'm still green in this area, n i'm really looking forward to ur guidance n comments....

ten

Hi there neighbor! glad to have you around. we are under similar circumstances i can identify with you somehow.

low cost housing...i was once involved in a socialized housing project (site development & design) about five years ago here in the philppines...feel free to email me, i might be able to help you.