• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

New guy, here!

New2daGame

Greetings, posters.

My name is Ashon. I'm a native of St. Petersburg, FL. I'm a graduate of Florida A&M University with a Bachelor of Science in Architectural studies. This fall, I'll be beginning the Master of Arts in Urban and Regional Planning program at the Univerisity of Florida in Gainesville. As my screen name states, I'm new to the game of planning. I plan to research the spiritual effects of physical and economic revitalization in distressed communities. I've been reading the forums for a while, but just decided to register. This is my introduction. I look forward to reading and joining in on the discussions as I learn more about the planning field in school.

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
welcome

Welcome "2 da game"! Looking forward to seeing lots of your posts!

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome!

We look forward to "New" ideas :)

ok bad funny...ill hush up for now :-(

PG

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
New2daGame said:
I plan to research the spiritual effects of physical and economic revitalization in distressed communities.
Wow. I dont know what that means, but sounds interesting! ;)

Welcome.

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Howdy!

Welcome!

Regarding the spiritual effects: Once the neighborhood engages in significant asset accumulation, the need for spiritual security becomes an afterthought, therefore, attendence at faith-based institutions diminishes and the community of mass-consumers begin to traverse the exurban oases of material satisfaction.

[Okay, I admit it, I'm full of crap. But good luck on the research, anyway!]

H

Cyburbian
Its great to be a GATOR HATER!! Say its great to be a GATOR HATER!!!

Actually I don’t hate UF, my parents went there, but it is all in good fun.

I live down state from you in Miami.

Welcome. We now have a small army form the Sunshine State!

New2daGame

Re: Howdy!

Alan said:
Welcome!

Regarding the spiritual effects: Once the neighborhood engages in significant asset accumulation, the need for spiritual security becomes an afterthought, therefore, attendence at faith-based institutions diminishes and the community of mass-consumers begin to traverse the exurban oases of material satisfaction.

[Okay, I admit it, I'm full of crap. But good luck on the research, anyway!]
That's interesting. I'm not quite sure which direction or which approach to the "spirit" or "spirituality" I'm going to take, but the activity of faith-based institutions is one area I am really considering looking at. Thanks for sharing your point of view, and thanks for the well-wishes on my research.

AND, thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome.

pete-rock

Cyburbian
New2daGame said:
Greetings, posters.

My name is Ashon. I'm a native of St. Petersburg, FL. I'm a graduate of Florida A&M University with a Bachelor of Science in Architectural studies.
Gotta love those Rattlers!!! Home of one of the best college marching bands in the land.

Welcome!

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
Welcome! - from another person here who is just beginning a Master's program this fall - it will be nice to have another student voice around.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
RE: Spiritual effects of revitalization

recommend, if you have not read yet -

"Joshua and the city"
by Joseph F. Girzone

New2daGame

Re: Re: New guy, here!

pete-rock said:
Gotta love those Rattlers!!! Home of one of the best college marching bands in the land.

Welcome!
As a member of the Marching 100 (once a member, always a member), I thank you for the compliment.