• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 New Here

Supertall

Cyburbian
I'm from Indianapolis, so I'll be posting some pics of Indy's downtown and neighborhoods. I'm heading out to Phoenix tomarrow, so I'll have some pics of what is usually refered to as a "subruban wasteland".

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Welcome. Sorry about the Indianapolis thing, but somebody's gotta live there, right? ;)

BKM

Cyburbian
Welcome! As I noted in your Indianapolis thread, I am a Hoosier native from Fort Wayne. I now live in Northern California exactly half way between Sacramento and San Francisco.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome from the DC area, right down the road from TrailNazi :)
Yes spring is here, glory day!

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Greetings, Supertall, from about 1hr40min south. Currently on Indy time, soon to be illegally upon "fast time":-D

Welcome, from someone who lives "in the town next door" to BKM (actually, I live in the city where he works). And my daddy was originally from Indiana. :-D

So, how tall is "super" tall? I am "tall for a woman", which makes me a tad shorter than the average man, but I don't think I qualify as "supertall" -- especially since I am finding myself looking up to meet the eyes of my kids here lately. I feel shorter by the day. :-D

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome from the bottom of Lake Michigan - Chicago!

biscuit

Cyburbian
Welcome from the headwaters of the Ohio River, where it is finally starting to feel like spring! :b:

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Welcome from the flatlands of Central Illinois, just 2 hours west of Indy. It's been raining a lot here the last few days.

ludes98

Cyburbian
Supertall said:
I'm from Indianapolis, so I'll be posting some pics of Indy's downtown and neighborhoods. I'm heading out to Phoenix tomarrow, so I'll have some pics of what is usually refered to as a "subruban wasteland".
OOOO. Better bring your gun 'cause you can still open carry here. ;-) Arizona towns started out as one street western towns you see in the movies. Old Town Scottsdale (where I work) is where tourists go to get the old western feel. Tempe is the only landlocked city here, hence it is the only city growing denser instead of sprawling. If you want pictures of 100 miles of sprawl. Try anywhere: Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, Phoenix, Peoria, Glendale, Avondale, Buckeye. They are all good examples. Midwesterners and Californians are moving here in droves to the tune of 200 a day! Can't be all bad. Weekend Forecast: Today 89F, Sat 86F and Sun 90F.

Welcome to Cyburbia!

SGB

Cyburbian
Welcome from cloudy but mysteriously warmer central New York state.

MG, it must be spring here too! :)