• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

New Job

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
Just wanted to let everybody know that I am leaving my current job working for a developer to go to work for a Law Firm. I will essentially be doing the same thing I am doing now--managing the Land Use process--for developers, property owners, etc...And looks like I will retain my current employer as a client.

Just keeping ya in the loop.

The break-up was better than expected.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Congrats! Although it does sound like you're going from the Dark Side to the Darker Side! ;)

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
There is a great deal of truth in your lighthearted jab.

I do still own my soul, for now at least.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Congrats and im jelous as hell

i want out of public work and to go for a law firm-please keep a fellow NoVa planner in mind if they need another. hehe i even come broken in-im used to lawyers, Scott is one.

PG

PS come to think of it ANY job but working where i work now would be wonderful.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Michael Stumpf said:
I wouldn't mind finding something new, too. Maybe on the west coast?
I hear there's an opening with a small town just outside Orlando....

Otis

Cyburbian
I've got a job open. We're on the west coast, in fact I can see the ocean right now. Check the Kiosk.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Rich Townsend said:
I've got a job open. We're on the west coast, in fact I can see the ocean right now. Check the Kiosk.
Man where were you in March, I would've moved out to OR in a second!!

Otis

Cyburbian
"Woohoo! Keep 'em coming. (But bump up the salary.)"

By how much? Realistically.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Rich Townsend said:
"Woohoo! Keep 'em coming. (But bump up the salary.)"

By how much? Realistically.
EEP. My senior planners make a bit more, perhaps $4k per year, but I believe the Milwaukee Metro cost of living is MUCH lower.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I've driven through a couple of times, so I am somewhat familiar with your area. It is truly beautiful. I love Oregon.

To be honest, the salary range you offer is probably not out of line for an entry-level (at the low end) to somewhat experienced (at the high end) planner, given the area.

Unfortunately for me, it is about $15,000 shy of where I am right now.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Rich Townsend said:
Lincoln City is a nice place. I'm up in the Cascades...