• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

bwana13

Hi everyone. I'm new to the world of planning, and am really excited to get my feet wet in urban development. I just got hired at a Dallas, TX firm - any advice?

You are such a jackass! just kidding. everyone, this is my planner wannabe friend from undergrad. i told her of our nefarious plot to subvert the houston website and it gave her ideas. you so crazy, girl!

Habanero

Cyburbian
yeah, the Dallas and New York thing didn't add up- what a commute.

: )

come join in on the antics!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Ooh - an ad person. I bet we here could come up with some really good slogans for any product you need to sell. Just try us!

bwana13

damn planners - only you would be smart enough to list my location, thus foiling my master plan!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
You could have always faked it. FYI - I'm not really at the "Quahog Institute for the Criminally Insane".

That's just on weekends...

yeah, we planners are sometimes smarter than even the average monkey! well, at least usually. anyway, i can't believe we dragged you away from the MTV site today! can you believe ruthie with those 54 points?

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome!

hehe idont think we could get anymore screwy than we are at the moment-any friend of Kmateja is scary indeed

Thanks, Danie. I'm actually scared that this one is online with us, she has a story or two from my misspent youth.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Oh! Oh! Oh! C'mon bwana - you gotta tell us one good story. That's uh, tradition around here for all new members. Yeah, tradition - that's the ticket!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Welcome on board. I a couple of months you, too, may be able to join the 1,000 Clube - I am just two posts away!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Ooooo... a friend of Kelly! I have invited a few people here myself from time to time, and then thought "what the hell am I thinking... these people know me and will narc!" Luckily, nobody has taken me up on my invitation...

So c'mon... narc on her bwana!

(And a big welcome to you!)

Jeff

Cyburbian
This is proof that nobody even reads these intro threads....here we have a fraudulant enlistment in our forums and you dummies continue to welcome...

she'll be back, i imagine. she's off "working". and by "working", i mean raiding the diet coke machine.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
KMateja said:
she'll be back, i imagine. she's off "working". and by "working", i mean raiding the diet coke machine.
Oooh - she's asking for it now. Spill the beans!!!!

bwana13

Well, there was this one time... at planning camp....

What can I say about Downtown Kelly Brown that isn't already in on a police blotter?

Oh - and Kelly should know me well enough to know that I drink Diet Pepsi, not Coke.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Downtown Kelly Brown....awwww how cute...we now know her college/maiden nickname....

So tell us some stories about "Downtown Kelly Brown" passed out drunk on the bathroom floor in the dorms....

Mike DeVuono said:
Downtown Kelly Brown....awwww how cute...we now know her college/maiden nickname....

So tell us some stories about "Downtown Kelly Brown" passed out drunk on the bathroom floor in the dorms....
Lord I tell you people waaaaay too much! and it wasn't a dorm, it was the planning and L.A. building!

bwana13

And by "the planning and L.A. building" you mean the bathroom floor of the Clemson football stadium, right?

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
bwana13 said:
And by "the planning and L.A. building" you mean the bathroom floor of the Clemson football stadium, right?
This has the potential to be quite the story.....please continue bwana... ;)

bwana13 said:
um, actually, i didn't pass out in the stadium, but outside under a parked car, and then later at the planning building.

and isn't the diet pepsi machine calling you this morning?

Jeff

Cyburbian
This Bwana is really just an imaginary friend you made up in a drunken stupor isn't it?

bwana13

yes. I am Kelly's inner demon. It's the voice she hears as she picks up the 23rd can of Genny. "Mmmmm Beer"

Jeff

Cyburbian
Genny Light....

Now there was some good stuff. I drank that for an entire year (warm (no refrigerator)) when I lived in the fraternity house. We used to buy it by the pallat (sp?), and at time would have so much of it that we would sculpt the 30 packs into furniture.

Ahhh...those were the days.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Uh huh...

You think you spen all day e-mailing her....it's ok to have an imaginary friend...really it is.