• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 new planner

Dragon

Cyburbian
I wanted to hello to all the Cyburbia members. I am about to completing my degree in Planning in Dec. and I start my full time position in Jan. I have been reading some of the forums for a while, and decided it was time to try and join the ranks of the great.

SGB

Cyburbian
Dragon said:
...and decided it was time to try and join the ranks of the great.
The great? Oh, sorry. They aren't here on Fridays. ;)

Welcome anyway!

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Welcome to the boards! I hope you have fun, and don't tease too much the non-planners! ;-)
Cheers! :b: :b: :b:

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Greetings and make a wish :b:

Congratulations on finishing school and your new job! What sort of work will you be doing? Public or Private? Current or Long Range?

The Throbing Brian of Cyburbia (TM) must be fed . . .

Dragon

Cyburbian
I haven't quite figured out how to highlight a specific reply so bear with me.

I will be working in the public sector doing County Planning. I have been interning here for months, and full time will be a change of pace (now I have to be here 5 days a week). We are currently working on many current projects. With me hiring on, the staff is being doubled, and we are looking at projecting into the future. But first we must overcome many current hurdles.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome! From the south end of Lake Michigan!

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Dragon said:
I haven't quite figured out how to highlight a specific reply so bear with me.
To quote someone or highlight a specific reply. Select the "Quote" Button on the post you want to reply to.

Welcome to Cyburbia, and welcome to the real world, I think thats what it's called.

Rem

Cyburbian
Welcome. I used to have a friend who was a dragon but he was chased away by my other friend, a 9' tall rabbit ....