• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

New Title

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
The City Council has asked me to be more aggressive in my code enforcement, so I have changed my avatar and title accordingly.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Buy this Rifle for easier Code Enforcement

Specifications

Caliber .50 BMG (12.7 X 99mm)
Chamber Chambered for commercial and MATCH ammunition
Operation Semi-Automatic - Short Recoil Cycle
Barrel Length 29 inches (73.67 cm)
Rifling Twist 1 turn in 15 inches (38.1 cm)
Rifle Weight 28.5 pounds (12.9kg)
Overall Length 57 inches (144.78 cm)
Disassembled Length 38 inches (96.52 cm)

The Barrett Model 82A1 rifle gained worldwide popularity after pioneering the return of shoulder fired big-bore rifles for shooting enthusiasts. As a result of its unique operating cycle, the M82A1 easily fires the largest commercially available cartridge in the world, the .50 caliber. Yet, the Barrett M82A1 develops the lowest recoil force of any comparable rifle.
The M82A1 operates on the short-recoil principle. Founder Ronnie Barrett adapted this operating principle to a shoulder fired rifle. The recoiling barrel and bolt assembly acting against innovative spring and buffer assemblies replace the sharp recoil impact with a longer-acting lower recoil force. To further reduce the recoil load, the M82A1 is fitted with a dual chamber muzzle brake. The muzzle brake redirects high velocity gun gas to lower recoil by almost 70%. The net effect is a rifle with the felt recoil of a 12-gauge shotgun.

With these time-proven methods and innovative designs, the Barrett M82A1 offers safety, rugged durability, and reliability to the big-bore enthusiast

Features and Accessories

One ten round magazine
Carrying handle
Iron sights
Optical sight mount
Detachable bipod with adjustable legs
Air/Watertight carrying case
Cleaning equipment
Scope and Rings Priced Separately
Retail Price $7,300

Before Giff uses the Barrett 50 Cal!

After Giff uses the Barrett 50 Cal!

Just a suggestion: and in no way does it reflect the opinions of the NRA, My employer, Sarah Brady or Oprah.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
El Guapo,
Like you, I am a fan of big bore rifles. However, I find that the weight and length of these code enforcement tools is often impractical for field situations (although I do advocate a roof mounted .50 cal on planning vehicles). Call me old fashioned, but I still prefer my M-16, .223 cal rifle with an M-203 grenade launcher. The 30-round (or more!) rifle magazine and the diversity of granades - incendiary, smoke, tear-gas, fragmentary, etc. are ideally suited to planning and related functions. The greater versatility offered with this combo can match any likely scenario, from issuing a permanent "stop work" order to a reckless developer, to "flushing out" some overly-rampant environmentalist skulking in the brush.

donk

Cyburbian
in my area, land use conflicts and code enforcement are best handled with a bouncing burning tire at halloween.

this picture illustrates how effective this method is in dealing with problems.

note the police fueling the fire.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Re: Buy this Rifle for easier Code Enforcement

El Guapo wrote:
Retail Price $7,300
As much as I long for a Barrett, the retail price is a little much for a planner's salary. I may budget for a fully equipped Bradley though.

Every week at Planning Board, I'm given everyone's list of violators in the town. My week is usually structured so that Monday is organization, Tuesday Pl. Board prep, Wednesday minutes and approval processing, Thursday and Friday field work and nasty-gram-a-thon. Today I called three car dealers (parking cars on greenspace); a grocery store (stockade fence replacement); retail plaza (missing 8 trees on their site) and an auto repair place (too many cars stored on site). Maybe I should be the Code Enforment Terminat-ress.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Michael - Good Points

You present an excellent case for the utility of M16A2 and M203 combo. Nice work.

However, I would like to point out the over-penetration of the .50 does allow for multiple stop work strikes in one shot. A .50 with an armor piercing round will pass through 18 trailers on average. But for individual work the 203 has its charms.

Giff, have you considered an Apache Attack Helicopter?

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Re: Michael - Good Points

El Guapo wrote:

Giff, have you considered an Apache Attack Helicopter?
I like the fire power of the Apache, but the armor is a plus with the Bradley. Maybe an M1A2......

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
How about a fully loaded Hummer? Easy to get to some of those out of the way sites and will glady scare the pants off any contractor that calls me "little honey"

Can those things come with flame throwers? why not roast the chickens in someones yard?

D

Richi

Cyburbian
Planner Girl watch out with that flame thrower on the chickens. Here in florida you might be cited for cruel treatment of animals. You'd have to chop off their heads first before the "roasting".

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
Re: Buy this Rifle for easier Code Enforcement

El Guapo wrote:
Specifications

Caliber .50 BMG (12.7 X 99mm)
Chamber Chambered for commercial and MATCH ammunition
Operation Semi-Automatic - Short Recoil Cycle
Barrel Length 29 inches (73.67 cm)
Rifling Twist 1 turn in 15 inches (38.1 cm)
Rifle Weight 28.5 pounds (12.9kg)
Overall Length 57 inches (144.78 cm)
Disassembled Length 38 inches (96.52 cm)
And IIRC, that's the same type of weapon used in "Silent Trigger". Knowing this is not a sign of misspent (sp?) youth, more of way too much time watching bad action movies and a parent who decided I wasn't dumb enough to try everything I saw on the box.

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
Michael Stumpf wrote:
The ultimate planning weapon?
If you get a death star you might want to think about learning the words to the Star Wars Gangsta Rap, which you can find here, to be the ultimate in threatening behaviour...

Mastiff

Gunfighter
PlannerGirl wrote:
How about a fully loaded Hummer?
Mmmmm... One of my VERY favori... Oh wait.

She was talking about the vehicle, wasn't she?

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
LOL

you guys are BAD! I think the guy im seeing might get jelous were I to talk about THOSE sort of hummers at work!

Lol

D