• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

New Top Poster

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Congrats to bturk for finally supplanting Dan as the #1 poster on Cyburbia.

What took you so long!? :)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Congrats, bturk! I pass on to you ... the Cyburbia tiara! :)

Remember, I knocked off a thousand posts from my count, because they were from messages that were manually transferred from the old board to the new. Thought it wasn't fair to include 'em, really.

No, I don't be knocking down other users' post counts. :D

The Straight Dope message board (http://www.straightdope.com) has some users with over 10,000 posts; there's far more high-posting users than moderators. BTW, for those that complain about moderation here, SDMB has some tough mods.

I don't play first-person shooters. There's a ton of vBulletin-based boards that cater to 'em, though, and many have total post counts in the millions, with lots of 20,000+ post users. If I want to get Cyburbia to the 100,000 post mark before the end of March, all I have to do is add sub-forums dealing with Counter-Strike, video cards, overclocking and anime, change the color scheme to incorporate dark grey or dark green text on a black background, and then post a few messages on other FPS boards.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Thank you thank you thank you. You like me . You really like me!

el Guapo

Capitalist
bturk said:
Thank you thank you thank you. You like me . You really like me!
Yes, but not in "that" way. ;)

For perspective: I look back at my own 2043 posts of nothing but career killing mindless rants & drivel and I gain even more respect for your work in the field of documenting one’s own mental illness, developing new and twisted perversions and projecting a wicked sense of tastelessness and humor world-wide. In some islands near Papua New Guinea you are consider a GOD bturk. To me Sir, you are the wind beneath my wings. :)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Oh great - now thats going to run through my mind the rest of the day.