New York in Black and White (photos and commentary)

BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS

As a lifelong New Yorker, and a lover of the past and history. It was nice to see what NYC looked like back then. If anyone has any old photos of Harlem it would be nice to see. I'm 51 and most of the buildings were being torn down when I was a kid. I was born on 120th & Madison Avenue in one of those classic buildings. It's torn down now. A big nasty building is in it's place. 1831 Madison Avenue. There were brownstones all up and down Madison and especially across from Mt.Morris Park which is now Marcus Garvey. I can't understand why people can't respect the past or landmarks. Also, a lot of famous folks were born in that area as well.

What a fabulous photo collection - my favorite is the shot with the Navy blimp---looks surreal. All wonderful and dramatic with stark beauty (I love black and white!) .

I :) Broadway Shows

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Moderator note:
The images in this thread are now hosted in the Cyburbia Gallery. See http://www.cyburbia.org/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/6529 . It took a while to rebuild this very popular thread, and it's going to suck up a lot of bandwidth in the future, but given that Ablarc has been hosting the images in the past to our benefit, it's our turn to host them now..