• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

News item for 12 Jan 2004

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
I see a physics problem here.

Former sumo wrestler Konishiki appears with Chie Iijima, for a press conference to announce their marriage at a Tokyo hotel Monday, Jan. 12, 2004 after Konishiki registered his marriage to the 28-year-old former medical worker Jan. 7. Konishiki, a native of Hawaii, who was the first foreign-born sumo wrestler to attain the second-highest rank of ozeki, has taken up a career as a TV celebrity in Japan since retiring from sumo in 1997. (AP Photo/Chiaki Tsukumo)

(Dan) Larger picture.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
The situation is perfect for her - she gets to marry a celebrity without having to worry about marital relations which are physically impossible. Watch for her debut album soon.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Hmmm, if he rolls over in bed I think she might get crushed.

OT: Did anybody see how many kittens were killed on the Simpsons last night?

kms

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:
Hmmm, if he rolls over in bed I think she might get crushed.
/B]

If he is lying on his back, he won't be able to roll over.

El Feo

Cyburbian
Wow. They look like the number "10" walking next to each other.

All you physics fans - does "G = 6.67259 × 10^-11 m^3 s^-2 kg^-1" mean anything here?

H

Cyburbian
mmmm....oooooooook

what is she thinking? He cant be that famous. :p

biscuit

Cyburbian
So who else here wonders what will happen if these two lovebirds have a falling out? Will they get a divorce or will he just eat her?

donk

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
So who else here wonders what will happen if these two lovebirds have a falling out? Will they get a divorce or will he just eat her?
No, he'll kill her and hide the body in a fold of fat.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
El Feo said:
Wow. They look like the number "10" walking next to each other.

All you physics fans - does "G = 6.67259 × 10^-11 m^3 s^-2 kg^-1" mean anything here?

Yep... She isn't "walking" per se, she's orbiting him.

BKM

Cyburbian
Eek! I have a shirt in the same pattern. I think I will burn it now :(

michaelskis

Cyburbian
maybe...

Wow

Here is what I am thinking… she had to have married him for his fame… so if HE can get a girl that looks like that “Note: she is not all that or much of anything close… BUT” I have to wonder if on a comparative scale, if that is what he can get, maybe I should move… I wonder how hot of a woman I could end up with?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Re: maybe...

michaelskis said:
BUT” I have to wonder if on a comparative scale, if that is what he can get, maybe I should move… I wonder how hot of a woman I could end up with?
According to my 6' - 2" friend that taught english in Japan, you can get some pretty hot women. They are crazy for the American men. He had to beat them away with a stick.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Re: maybe...

nerudite said:
According to my 6' - 2" friend that taught english in Japan, you can get some pretty hot women. They are crazy for the American men. He had to beat them away with a stick.
Should we take up a collection to buy Chet a ticket out there?