• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

News You Forgot

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
Remember that White House CIA leak investigation? What more have we heard on that one?

Update on White House Leak Investigation

From CNN, aired 10/24/03.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0310/24/ltm.16.html

HEMMER: Yes, well, if you listen to Larry -- and I don't want to categorize your comments before -- but, Larry, you're saying essentially the sky is falling in terms of the CIA around the world. Jim, do you see it the same way? And did you get that sense in the hearing?

MARCINKOWSKI: Yes, I did. I think the message is out there, this is an unprecedented act. This has never been done by the United States government before. The exposure of an undercover intelligence officer by the U.S. government itself is unprecedented. It's not the usual leak from Washington. The leak a week scenario is not at play here. This is a very, very serious event.

HEMMER: Before Larry mentions Mrs. Wilson. I won't mention her by name here, but it's the wife of Ambassador Joe Wilson. How is she doing? Have you talked with her, Jim?

MARCINKOWSKI: I have not spoken with her recently. Obviously, someone in her position would probably be under a lot of stress right now.

HEMMER: Yes, Larry, I know you both are registered Republicans, is that right?

JOHNSON: Right.

HEMMER: Both you, Larry and Jim...

MARCINKOWSKI: Yes, that's right.

HEMMER: How concerned are you about the political gain that one side or the other may seek in this?
What other important news stories have we not heard about in a long time? Feel free to contribute.

El Feo

Cyburbian
Well, on the Valerie Plame affair, not much - but there is always this, and also this lengthy treatment on Instapundit.

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
I should clarify: It's not that I want to know more about the story, but why the story doesn't get any headlines anymore. It was such a big deal when the story broke, and now, it's nowhere in the mainstream media.

El Feo

Cyburbian
Right - I guess that what I was trying to say via the links is that the Plame story seems to be dead by virtue of an unremarked but growing consensus that, well, it was bull**** in the first place. Yeah, Valeria Plame's so scared for her life she shows up with her huckster husband in Vanity Fair...real "secret" cover your blowing there, Val.

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
The March Interview with Saddam

Remember back in March when CBS broadcast an interview of Saddam Hussein with Dan Rather? Did anyone see that? I missed it. What was said? Anything worth bringing up now that Saddam is with coalition forces?

BKM

Cyburbian
What ever happened to Enron's exectuives? They were sure able to try Martha quickly enough?