• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Next time, psycho match, try READING THE PROFILE!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
What ... the ... ****?

I changed my match.com profile to reflect my future address. A couple of hours later, I get an e-mail from a relatively intelligent, fairly attractive woman. A couple of nice, uneventful e-mails bounced back and forth.

Last e-mail I sent, I mentioned that my father was here in Kansas City, to help me and the dogs with the move. She responded:

(Psycho Match) I'm not thrilled that you have dogs......you're renting an apartment in L******* because of dogs?? Geez - gimme a break.....do the dogs run your life??
I'm renting a three bedroom house, but that's besides the point. I mention my dogs, and I get flamed? WTF? So I wrote back:

(me) Sorry, but I don't think there's going to be a good match here.
Take care,
Dan
Yup. She wrote back.

(Psycho Match) You;re right - I bet your place stinks and has dog hair everywhere......
First off, my dogs don't have doggie odor, and they don't shed. Although I hardly ever sniffle or sneeze around dogs, several tests show that I'm allergic to them. I plunked down serious dough for the privilege of adopting two Portuguese Water Dogs, a rare breed known for being hypoallergenic and non-shedding, and not having any doggie odor. (Well, except when Guinness poots out his daily after-dinner fart.)

Secondly, all of this could have been avoided if she READ MY DAMN PROFILE, especially the part where I say:

You should like pooches; two very intelligent, friendly Portuguese Water Dogs form my pack.

Thirdly, the previous two points are really moot, because anyone that would get hostile just because I mention my doggies, which they should have known about ... well, they should probably seek some counseling. What would make a woman react like this at the mention of dogs?

Dan said:
What would make a woman react like this at the mention of dogs?
Brain damage? Frigid-bitch-itis? Total hostility towards humanity, which is why she can't get a date and is trolling Match.com? (sorry match.commers -- I don't mean to imply they are all like that)

Last edited:

biscuit

Cyburbian
Holy crap Dan! I'm kind of disappointed with you. Why would you turn down the opportunity to hook up and spend the rest of your life with a dog hating gem of a woman like that? ;)

I'll have to second SAC. This one sounds like she's either a high maintenance attention whore, or a embittered psycho, or even a combination of the two. Good choice to end it before it started.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I think MZ is right. The woman probably had an ex- who liked his dogs better than he liked her. So she hates dogs.

tsc

Cyburbian
...and she should remain dateless...yikes. Is she a cat person, perhaps?

Zoning Goddess said:
I think MZ is right. The woman probably had an ex- who liked his dogs better than he liked her. So she hates dogs.
Oh, that is one possibility. I am probably going to get fried for saying this, because it doesn't apply to the women of Cyburbia and I think many of them will not "believe" me, but most women are pretty vacuous. (It goes back to that whole "commodification of the sexuality of women", which tends to encourage men to see women as "just a piece of a$$" and women to see men as "Just a souce of ca$h". And the explanation is a very long story.)

Probably she freaked out because Dan, after 2 or 3 e-mails, had not become so smitten with her as to be willing to get rid of the dogs immediately so that he could promptly make her the center of his life. This damaged her self-esteem and, from her psycho point of view, was deserving of trying to hurt him back as deeply as he had hurt her -- which tells you just how shallow she really is, that 2 e-mails had already gotten to her 'depths'.

Dan should be grateful he found out so soon. Women who have nothing of substance to offer are frequently quite talented in bed -- because all of that agreeing to be "just a piece of a$$" in exchange for having a man be "just a source of ca$h" means that they are actually prostitutes and are well aware, on some level, that being good in bed is their REAL career. Women like that often rip out the hearts of men and serve it up for dinner, with a little Chardonay -- because they fundamentally loathe themselves for acting like hookers while too ashamed to admit up front that they just want your cash and charging for it, like an honest Working Girl.

To paraphrase Madonna: you can't love somebody else if you fundamentally hate yourself. Dan got off light. Thank god for the dogs.

tsc

Cyburbian
Michele Zone said:

Women who have nothing of substance to offer are frequently quite talented in bed --
and is this knowledge from experience???

jordanb

Cyburbian
I bet that place attracts a lot of trolls....

Anyway, Michele is right, good thing you didn't waste any money on her. ;)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
The real thing that irks me is, why did she even bother to flame you after you so nicely closed the door to any possibilities. She may be sane, just grossly immature.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
uhhh now this is why I prefer keeping a low-profile in the internet... too many psycho-b*tches out there loose. Trust me on that... I've already changed hotmail accounts like 4-5 times (since I got hooked up) and got rid of many IM programs just because of the amount of psycho-b*tches and spam.

Move along Dan... it's not even worth remembering such things. And keep 'da dawgs :)

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
does the correlation of women having nothing to offer and being good in bed go the other way to? I'd like to think I am quite the catch....and I at least like to pretend I know what I'm doing in the sack....

Jessie-J said:
does the correlation of women having nothing to offer and being good in bed go the other way to? I'd like to think I am quite the catch....and I at least like to pretend I know what I'm doing in the sack....
I, personally, am of the opinion that women with something more to offer are usually "better" in bed. But I think that is partly because it is just as dehumanizing to men to be treated as "just a paycheck" as it is for women to be treated as "just a piece of a$$".

I think society and biology put a great deal of pressure on women to choose between "marriage and kids" or a real career. A lot of women who marry, never pursue a real career, even though most of them work. Or women who pursue a real career end up divorced.

It's really complicated and I am not sure I really want to open that whole can of worms. But perhaps I already have.