• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

NHL Trade Deadline Day

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Any other cyburbanites out there with their ear glued to sportsradio, and/or constantly refreshing their fav sports webpage for the latest?

Colorado seems to be making some significant moves this a.m.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Tranplanner said:
Any other cyburbanites out there with their ear glued to sportsradio, and/or constantly refreshing their fav sports webpage for the latest?

Colorado seems to be making some significant moves this a.m.

A Canadian who likes hockey, who'd have guessed? ;-) :-D

(All stereotypes have some basis in reality. sorry, I couldn't help myself.)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Rumpy Tunanator said:
Waiting to see were they ship Satan.
I'd love for my Jersey Devils to acquire Satan. :d:
And it would be poetic, as well. :-D

I really wanted sergei gonchar but Lamoriello wouldn't pull the trigger on that one.

[OT] Slightly, OT: Will there even be hockey next season? [/OT]

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Gedunker said:
[OT] Slightly, OT: Will there even be hockey next season? [/OT]
I think the lights may go out all season and the league will lose a lot of its fan base IMO.

Salary Cap, Salary Cap, Salary Cap, Salary Cap, Salary Cap!!!!!!

Revenue Sharing, Revenue Sharing, Revenue Sharing, Revenue Sharing, Revenue Sharing!!!!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Who in the hell is this Gilbert from Colorado that the Oilers traded for Salo? I mean, I know it's a salary dump and all for the Oil, but puhleeze...

Okay all Wisconsinites (or whatever people from Wisconsin are called ;) ) can you give me any dirt on the Gilbert guy? He supposedly plays on Univ of Wisconsin's team.

Chris Gratton was an interesting pick for Colorado. He is a good player that just doesn't seem to fit in a lot of organizations... but I think Colorado would be good for him.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
Chris Gratton was an interesting pick for Colorado. He is a good player that just doesn't seem to fit in a lot of organizations... but I think Colorado would be good for him.
He's been through a lot of organizations, including here, and this basically sums it up. Under-achieving player, with the size to go to the net, but sticks to the permiter because he's afraid of getting injured. We traded him to Phoenix 2 years ago for Briere and got a much better player in return.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:
He's been through a lot of organizations, including here, and this basically sums it up. Under-achieving player, with the size to go to the net, but sticks to the permiter because he's afraid of getting injured. We traded him to Phoenix 2 years ago for Briere and got a much better player in return.
Yeah, he sucked when he was on the Sabres (but that was okay, because I'm a Leafs fan and I like it when the Sabres suck ;) ).

I saw him play when he was with Philly and he was really good for that one game when I saw him play live. He just isn't consistent unfortunately, which is too bad because he's a big guy that could really do something with the game. I think his problem is that he played with T.B. during his formative NHL experience... somehow that place ruined the best prospects when it first started up. Somehow Colorado takes players like him and they turn out great. I hope it works out okay... he's one or two more teams from collapsing into Alexander Daigle-like obscurity. ;)

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
Yeah, he sucked when he was on the Sabres (but that was okay, because I'm a Leafs fan and I like it when the Sabres suck ;) ).
Yeah, I like it when we beat the Leafs and put Eddie "the Cough Surup Eagle" to bed;)

Gratton seemed inconsistant on every team I've seen him play on so far, so who knows. What's going on with Selane over there anyway?

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Gedunker said:
I really wanted sergei gonchar but Lamoriello wouldn't pull the trigger on that one.
I for one have been pleasantly suprised that my Bruins are actually making moves. I love the Gonchar pickup, and it's already paying dividends....I just hope we can sign him at the end of the season.....Nylander was a decent pick up as well. I don't expect to see the B's make any more moves, but then again, I didn't expect the ownership to make any at all.....

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
NHPlanner said:
I love the Gonchar pickup.....Nylander was a decent pick up as well.....
I'm also glad that the Bs got gonchar and nylander -- it keeps 'em out of Philadelphia (boo, hiss).

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
After growing up in Minnesota, I lost all interest in hockey and cards after the North Stars left for Dallas.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I think Leetch was a good move for the Leafs - not sure about signing Johanson out of retirement. The Leafs don't have any draft picks/prospects left to get involved in any more big deals IMO. We'll see.

nerudite

Cyburbian
OMG! The Leafs got Ron Francis... he's one of my fave players to watch. I know it's a short term playoff run decision, but at least they picked a player I love.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Awaiting the Devils acquisition of Satan . . .
Did anybody see Bertuzzi's cheep shot on Steve Moore Monday night? Moore has a concussion and broken vertabrae. That kind of attack is just not part of the sport, IMO.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Empire Sports Network has learned that the Buffalo Sabres have traded center Curtis Brown as part of a three team deal. The Sabres acquired defenseman Jeff Jillson from the Boston Bruins. Brown goes to the San Jose Sharks and the Bruins acquire forward Brad Boyes from San Jose.
The Buffalo Sabres have traded C prospect Jakub Klepis to the Washington Capitals for forward Mike Grier. Stay tuned to Empire Sports and WNSA for further Sabres developments.
This is all I've heard, were going nowhere.