• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Nicest place on earth

ludes98

Cyburbian
Nice glass seats! Visiting team bench...and the Coyotes pulled a win. ;) How was the atmosphere with the last games being played at AWA? Seems anticlimactic because it was designed for NBA and the Suns will still play there. Will you still travel the extra 20 miles to the games in Glendale?

Habanero

Cyburbian
ludes98 said:
Nice glass seats! Visiting team bench...and the Coyotes pulled a win. ;) How was the atmosphere with the last games being played at AWA? Seems anticlimactic because it was designed for NBA and the Suns will still play there. Will you still travel the extra 20 miles to the games in Glendale?
Yeah, I don't know what Burke drank last night but he was on his toes like a midget at a urinal. ;) It was the same old thing, seats open, "fans" that know nothing of hockey, expensive beer. I don't think we'll ever travel to Glendale, even without traffic it takes about 30-45 minutes to get there, maybe for another Stars game, but I'm not a big Coyotes fan (maybe it's the howling or playing the Werewolf in London song- hello, he was singing about a werewolf not a coyote!!).

ilikefish0

Cyburbian
I do not understand the phoenix metro area at all. Everything gets farmed out to the edge cities, so there is no real core anywhere. I find it quite depressing.

ludes98

Cyburbian
Try to think of it as a group of cores. That is how it actually started, in the 1880's. The settlements were far apart by those standards. Most started along the Salt River, which is of course now only a drainage channel. My parents are finge dwellers. They keep moving outward. Drives me nuts. It is 45 miles to their house from mine , near ASU (damn Devils, go Cats!!) in Tempe. Sea of subdivision....