• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

"Nicknames"/plays on initials/etc

I was thinking recently that "Tio" is Spanish for Uncle (if I recall right -- I was going to research it but that ain't happening so I will just risk Making A Fool Of Myself once again, :-D ). So, maybe "The Irish One" -- who sometimes gets referred to as "TIO" -- is actually "The Spanish Uncle" of Cyburbia. :-D

And perhaps MZ stands for "Militarized Zone", which might explain a lot about my seemingly "combative" role here in Cyburbia-land. :-D If only I had known how much Karma was going to be involved, I could have kept my first name -- which starts with a D -- in addition to my middle name and then my initials would be DMZ. :p

Any others?

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
JNA - either my name or mix up for New Jersey Apologist.