• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

No! No! I Can't Take Any More, I Tell You!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Oh!

You no like winter? It should be the last gasp of winter though.

You're in the middle of Ohio, this should definitely be the last gasp.

Last edited:

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Thank the groundhog for this one. We're suppose to get some snow tonight too. No big deal, I'm hoping we get hit hard so I can stay home tomorrow, although usually nothing shuts down until we get 8 feet.;)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
It's been a crappy winter here -- an ice storm produced 3/4" with no damage (fortunately). Other than that, no real snow to speak of. Bums me out, I like snow.
Forecast does call for some rain/snow mix Tuesday.

Tom R

Cyburbian
Winter

I like winter when there is something to do with it. Here for the most part we get the misery without the fun. I have to admit, thought, as I get older I more and more look forward to spring. My garden beckons.

mendelman said:
Oh!

You no like winter? It should be the last gasp of winter though.

Your in the middle of Ohio, this should definitely be the last gasp.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Tom R said:
as I get older I more and more look forward to spring. My garden beckons.
I don't know if its necessarily an age-related thing but this is the time of year where I start to go nuts. Real spring (in southern Michigan) doesn't really start for another 3-4 weeks. In the meantime we a get a tantalizing day or two of 50 degree (f) weather followed by a couple inches of snow, then more sun followed by more snow.....in my zone last frost date is mid May, so really we can't start planting even frost hardy plants until mid April.
Is it a guy thing that wives tend to be interested in planting flowers and husbands in planting vegetables? I know its true in my house.

nerudite

Cyburbian
It's been a nice winter here... it's been over freezing for a few days now...

ludes98

Cyburbian
In AZ winter can't last long enough. Current forecast has high 80's and low 90's. In our 7 day forecast we have 96 for Sunday the 21st. 8-!

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
We will probably have 10 inches or so by the end of today....

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
OF COURSE, I just put my snow boots away yesterday!

Therefore it must be my fault we're supposed to get 6+" of snow tomorrow... :-\

SGB

Cyburbian
Mud Princess said:
OF COURSE, I just put my snow boots away yesterday!

Therefore it must be my fault we're supposed to get 6+" of snow tomorrow... :-\
Mud Princess - I thought you'd know by now: Don't ever put the snow boots away until you are safely into the month of May! ;)

Storms like this are why I also leave snow tires on the cars until April.

Tom R

Cyburbian
snow

During one of the years I spent in Maine, we had a foot of snow in mid April. Not funny.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Tom R said:
During one of the years I spent in Maine, we had a foot of snow in mid April. Not funny.
Uh-oh. Not what I want to hear as I plan to take a long weekend in Maine in... mid-April.

BKM

Cyburbian
Our weather (Northern California) has been quite weird. Winter was somewhat rainy in spurts, with dry spells. About two weeks ago, Winter just seemed to end. Its almost freaky warm here, lately. Low 80s, with little nightime cooling. I wish it was just a little cooler, so it would stay green longer. Our hills are already looking a little tired.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Mud Princess said:
Uh-oh. Not what I want to hear as I plan to take a long weekend in Maine in... mid-April.
When I graduated Ball State in '89, it snowed at commencement on May 5th! Enough snow that it was piling up on people's mortar boards -- and would eventually slide down their backs causing a sudden jump :-c It was quite fun.

Tom R

Cyburbian
Maine

Mud Princess said:
Well, I lived in Caribou which is cold even by Maineiac standards.

Dragon

Cyburbian
This time of year is when the weather is real nice around here. Except for the rain every week.

Saturday, there were people swimming and jet skiing in the gulf. I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts in the St. Patrick's parade (I might show some pics after I proof them first B-) )