• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Noontime Question from Michaelskis (Replacing the 4pm questions)

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Due to, many people do not check Cyburbia after 4pm, I have made a personal decision to move the 4pm question to the Noon Time question from Michaelskis! This way, people can share thoughts, ideas, feelings, and comments, all while consuming there mid day meal. (or other meal for JNL and everyone on the opposite side of the Globe)

In keeping with the movie theme, today’s Noon Time Question arrived when I was thinking about what movies I thought where emotional…

When you where a kid, or teen, or even now, what one actress or actor did you have a crush on???

For me, it as the girl in the movie “A Far Off Place” I do not remember who she is, or anything about her… and I think I was about 10 or so when I seen the movie… but it has created a mental image of what I would look for in a woman.

Now it is Nicole Kidman.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Phoebe Cates, Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Nowadays, probably Eliza Dushku or Ashley Judd, depending on my mood (and Judd's hairstyle).

Floridays

Cyburbian
Back then...David Cassady/Partridge Family. In fact, he was here in our County building about a month ago, and of course I rushed up to him and got his autograph (idiot! :-D ). I just HAD to tell him all about how I had a David Cassady lunchbox when I was a little girl...but he was really nice about it all!
Barry Gibbs of the Bee Gees.
Then Roger Moore (007) who I think is the best James Bond of all times.
Harrison Ford. Love him. That must be my "older man" complex.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
On TV it was the chick who played Samantha on Gimme A Break
In the movies it was Kari Green (Goonies, Lucas)

Now it would likely be Kate Beckinsale, Ashley Judd, or Catherine Zeta Jones...and maybe Rose McGowan if it weren't for the whole dating Marylin Manson thing.

Queen B

Cyburbian
I am with you on the David Cassidy thing.
My little brother's name is Keith, because of him.

Nick Nolte for quite a while but he hasn't taken a good turn recently.

Sean Connery just gets better with age.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Hm, I know I share this with someone on here- Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables. :f:

Now, I like Viggo Mortensen, he was just so beautiful in A Perfect Murder, even if he is only a month younger than my mother. 8-!

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Bo Derek in "10", of course. 8-!

Today, there's something about Moira Tierny (ER) -- perhaps the pony tail, to which I have always been partial -- or something else.

[HAPPILY MARRIED VOICE] Of course, no female anywhere comes even close to Mrs. Gedunker. o:) [/HAPPILY MARRIED VOICE]

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Repo Man said:
...and maybe Rose McGowan if it weren't for the whole dating Marylin Manson thing.
Yikes, that scares me too :-0

Definately Ashly Judd, that girl on Jag, the women on univision :p

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
used to be Claire Danes

now it is definitely Catherine Zeta-Jones, yummy.

o:)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Habanero said:
Hm, I know I share this with someone on here- Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables. :f:
Heh... that would be me. We were closet Canadians when we were young, too, eh? ;)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Olivia Newton John was my first.

Now there are several ebautiful women on TV or in the movies, but I don't really go ga-ga over any of them.

JNL

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
while consuming there mid day meal. (or other meal for JNL and everyone on the opposite side of the Globe)
6:00AM here- just when my alarm clock goes off :)

Budgie

Cyburbian
Molly Ringwald, because I'd fantasize about [snip]every prissy snobby pouty redheaded princess I can across. Is that a little too much information

MOD EDIT - TMI!

Last edited by a moderator:

otterpop

Cyburbian
Katherine Ross (Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid) made an impression on this adolescent boy, as she was the first woman in the movies who I saw semi-naked (her, not me)

Margot Kidder in "Nichols"

Phoebe Cates in "Fast Times .. ."

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Well she wasnt an actress but I'm sticking by my past posts and going with Mary Lou Retton

Habanero

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
Heh... that would be me. We were closet Canadians when we were young, too, eh? ;)
:-D I've always had the dream of one day being Canadian. *sigh*

nerudite

Cyburbian
Habanero said:
:-D I've always had the dream of one day being Canadian. *sigh*
You have only three hours and 20 minutes to get that application in. ;)

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Years ago--Johnny Depp.
Now--Jude Law, Ewan McGregor...and Johnny Depp....
And for some reason, Ed Harris...

michaelskis

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
For me, it as the girl in the movie “A Far Off Place” I do not remember who she is, or anything about her… and I think I was about 10 when I seen the movie… but it has created a mental image of what I would look for in a woman.
After a little research... the girl was...

and now she is

Reese Witherspoon

Habanero said:

eeeee! I am always so happy to catch the beginning of the Outkast Hey Ya! video, because I *swear* that Gilbert is the announcer on the tv!!!!

then: Kirk Cameron
now: Ewan MacGregor, and I have serious hotpants for Conan O'Brien

Rem

Cyburbian
Katherine Hepburn (I'm not as old as the choice implies - I just like her in those old movies).

Today - I'm with Cardinal - there are lots but it's hard to get too excited when you can't tell what's real anymore ;). I do like Elle though - mainly due a tenuous family connection (we are not related so no cousin jokes please).

[OT]
donk said:
They are looking to replace me at my previous employer. :-#

http://www.cip-icu.ca/English/members/job10.htm
Donk weird coincidence #632, my current City is in the County of Northumberland. [/OT]

Floridays

Cyburbian
Plannerbabs said:
Years ago--Johnny Depp.
I actually know Ed Harris' brother...want me to pass this along? ;-)

Yeah, Johnny Depp

Plannerbabs said:
Years ago--Johnny Depp.

... with each passing artistic phase he goes through. How adventureous! How could we making planning more like Johnny Depp?

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Hmmm
Back in the day: Christina Ricci... I'd also mention the Olsen Twins but that sounds just straight out pedophilic. :p :-D
Now: Hmmm Jenna Malone, Reese Withersoon, Kate Winslet, etc... I could go on and on... :)
Bonus Amine section: Motoko Kusanagi. :)

Although I watch movies for their content, not for the actresses that are in it.. although I prefer obviously good actresses and actors.