• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Nothing like early recruitment

ludes98

Cyburbian
Haven't you seen Spy Kids? We need younger operatives.[/sarcasm]

Ginger's CIA adventures? Nice cuddly bear as agent for America's interests? K-5 is too early....I mean they are 11 in 5th grade!

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Oh thanks alot, I've now been flagged and they're coming to take me away;)

-Hey they got to start somewhere. Who do you think made that spykids movie anyway?

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I considered applying to the CIA after college since they were looking for geography geeks to do photo analysis. Doesn't it interest the rest of you geographers?

ludes98

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
I considered applying to the CIA after college since they were looking for geography geeks to do photo analysis. Doesn't it interest the rest of you geographers?

Definitely did. No way I could make it through screening process though.....

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:

It did appeal to me somewhat, but with a master's in geography, two years in military intelligence and eight in the army, and a top secret clearance, I wasn't sure I would be qualified. ;)

nerudite

Cyburbian
All the law enforcement type agencies have kids reachout pages. I prefer the FBI's young adult page. Cool missions and stuff...

ludes98

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
military intelligence

I thought that was an oxymoron. :)

Originally posted by GeogPlanner
really though...do 5-6 year olds even know what the CIA is?

Yes. My little cousins know about the existence of the FBI, CIA, and NSA. They don't know what they do really, but they think they are all spies. No doubt from some movie or cartoon.