• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

    Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Now I can rest easy

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Moderator
Messages
9,961
Points
41
I really don't care what the bubbles do, I just know that it's a fine beverage! ;)
 

Belle

Cyburbian
Messages
142
Points
6
I fondly being at a bar with a geology professor of mine who used a pint of Guinness to demonstrate sedimentation ...
 

el Guapo

Capitalist
Messages
5,995
Points
31
About damn time...

...that science solved a real life problem! What will they solve next?

 

biscuit

Cyburbian
Messages
3,904
Points
25
BRILLIANT!

Belle said:
I fondly being at a bar with a geology professor of mine who used a pint of Guinness to demonstrate sedimentation ...
Perhaps I'm creating a false memory here, but didn't y'all used to have meetings at that Irish pub on King St.(I forgot the name of the place :-$ )

Us urban planning types were most likely to be drinking cold Newcastle from frosty mugs on the patio at Vickery's. Mmmmmm...
 

Belle

Cyburbian
Messages
142
Points
6
biscuit said:
BRILLIANT!


Perhaps I'm creating a false memory here, but didn't y'all used to have meetings at that Irish pub on King St.(I forgot the name of the place :-$ )

For special occassions, we would go to Mike Caulders (now has a new name)

biscuit said:
Us urban planning types were most likely to be drinking cold Newcastle from frosty mugs on the patio at Vickery's. Mmmmmm...

the geology folks used to be a staple of the Vickery's $1 draft Rolling Rocks every Friday. We couldn't afford to pay extra for the fancy stuff for the sheer volume we were drinking :)
 

biscuit

Cyburbian
Messages
3,904
Points
25
Belle said:
For special occassions, we would go to Mike Caulders (now has a new name)
That's the place! I had a brain fart and just couldn't remember.

the geology folks used to be a staple of the Vickery's $1 draft Rolling Rocks every Friday. We couldn't afford to pay extra for the fancy stuff for the sheer volume we were drinking :)
I was there for the $1.00 Rolling Rock Fridays on more than one occasion with our mutual friend. Who knows we probably met each other there sometime but erased the memory with a few too many one dollar beers. :-b
 
Top