• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Now on bookstore shelves .....

Budgie

Cyburbian
It looks like Dan is starting to compile information for his upcoming book, "MY BRAIN IS THROBBING - THE BEST OF CYBURBIA - VOLUME I". Will royalties be divied up by the number of posts?

Budgie said:
It looks like Dan is starting to compile information for his upcoming book, "MY BRAIN IS THROBBING - THE BEST OF CYBURBIA - VOLUME I". Will royalties be divied up by the number of posts?
And do Cyburbanites get a discount?

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Budgie said:
Will he create a scandal in the planning world by publishing the deepest, darkest secrets of planners? Will the identities behind the nom(s) de plume be revealed? Uh-oh...

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
I wonder what will be included in this book, maybe a section intitled "Budgie uncensored, the sometimes humanitatian behind the segway?";)

Budgie

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:
I wonder what will be included in this book, maybe a section intitled "Budgie uncensored, the sometimes humanitatian behind the segway?";)
You forgot, Primus fanatic, Russian literature conesuier, sexual deviant and AA's most wanted.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Budgie said:
You forgot... sexual deviant and AA's most wanted.
Why do I have the (no so easy) feeling that you could be describing a good 2/3 of the people here. ;-)

Will there be a chapter titled, "Cyburbia Took my Emplyment Away: Confessions of an Internet Slacker"?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
You know… a book is not a bad idea… it might shed light on a lot of planning issues that are being overlooked, and provide hours of enjoyment for the many prison guards, unemployment office workers, and former employers of the residents of cyburbia.

In all reality, I think that it is more than just one book. The never-ending joke thread is a book it’s self. I personally do not think that I would be opposed to it.

We might be able to get a sponsorship from Segway, Bike Companies, and Kitten Rescue Shelters!

Floridays

Cyburbian
When I lived in Atlanta, the newspaper (AJC) had a daily column called The Vent...it was hilarious. And each year they made a book out of the "best vents" and sold it. We could do the same here!
the vent

Doitnow

Cyburbian
It could be titled:

1."Knowing the psychology of a Planner."( or The Psychological Guide to a planners guide)

2."Within the deep recess of theThrobbing Brain of a Planner"( who lost his job slacking on the net- but never regretted it)

3."Planners are humans too."

any more??

It would do well. Theres a large planning community out there and its growing.

biscuit said:
Why do I have the (no so easy) feeling that you could be describing a good 2/3 of the people here. ;-)
A) I already have my AA. What I most want are my BS and my Master's. :-D
B) If 2/3 are sexual deviants.... then it isn't deviation. We ...er, THEY are "normal" for this forum. :-D