• Cyburbia is a fun, friendly, big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Nudist Pedestrian Bridge

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
You beat me to it Ecofem - I was hoping to get around to posting something on this sometime today. I love the nickname they've given this thing - "Bridge of Thighs"

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
I think its a neat idea and how they have made it look attractive while still...protecting folks from prying eyes.

:)

ecofem

Cyburbian
Hopefully the canvas part of the "canvas and steel structure" will stand up to the elements.... otherwise you may have problems with traffic jams!

nerudite

Cyburbian
ecofem said:
Hopefully the canvas part of the "canvas and steel structure" will stand up to the elements.... otherwise you may have problems with traffic jams!
Cool bridge!

The Burj Al Arab in Dubai has an entire facade made of double layered fabric/membrane. Tests have shown that despite the greuling conditions (sandstorms, excessive heat, etc) that it works well in desert environment. Palm Springs should have similar conditions... and is actually in a better position to use fabrics because they don't have to contend with the salt air like Dubai.

Here's a photo of the fabric wall at the Burj Al Arab... it's the colorful portion....

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
nerudite said:

Here's a photo of the fabric wall at the Burj Al Arab... it's the colorful portion....

That is a building with P R I D E !! :)