• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

NY Main Street conference

Did any of my fellow NY State Cyburbians make it to the Main Street conference in Hyde Park yesterday? I met numerous planners but neglected to ask any of them if they're members here. We need a secret handshake so you know who is "in the know" with this place.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I love it! Yes, we need a Secret Cyburbia Handshake. I've long been jealous of Masons - why should they have all the fun. Perhaps we can introduce the new Secret Handshake/Greeting at Stanfest IV:Chicago?

How about:

Party A extends hand as if to shake and then retracts at the last second saying "Art thou a Friend who lives in the shadow of the Clube?"

Party B replies "I would belong to the Clube but for the fact I RJ too much."

Party A completes the exchange by saying "Stan, can it be you?"

Then both parties with the gravest dignity possible make finger 'antennae' behind their heads and turn around three times. At this point one should be able to ascertain whether one is dealing with a true Cyburbian or whether one is dealing an imposter attempting to infiltrate our ranks.

ofos

Cyburbian
Then both parties with the gravest dignity possible make finger 'antennae' behind their heads and turn around three times. At this point one should be able to ascertain whether one is dealing with a true Cyburbian or whether one is dealing an imposter attempting to infiltrate our ranks.
This should then be followed by presentation of crossed index fingers to indicate the august presence of a "Cyburbian Plus" or alternatively, "Get thee away from me, Accursed One!".

SGB

Cyburbian
Off-topic:

Post of the week!

Many of us have long suspected that a planner writes for The Onion.

I am now convinced that it's Stan - I mean Maister. No one will any longer convince me otherwise.

I love it! Yes, we need a Secret Cyburbia Handshake. I've long been jealous of Masons - why should they have all the fun. Perhaps we can introduce the new Secret Handshake/Greeting at Stanfest IV:Chicago?

How about:

Party A extends hand as if to shake and then retracts at the last second saying "Art thou a Friend who lives in the shadow of the Clube?"

Party B replies "I would belong to the Clube but for the fact I RJ too much."

Party A completes the exchange by saying "Stan, can it be you?"