• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

NYE fun torturing cats...

nerudite

Cyburbian
We decided to give my catten (she's between kitten and cat right now) her first bath on New Year's Eve. I took a few digital photos just to mark the event. This one was particularly funny... but boy was she ever pissed!

nerudite

Cyburbian
She looked better afterwards (although the flash still makes her eyes glow funny :) )

Jeff

Cyburbian
Cat baths in our house are VERY rare.....what a pain that is.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I find when you start bathing them as kittens they don't mind it so much. My calico has to be locked out of the bathroom when I take a bath or she'll try to jump in with me. Its sad really,she's so fat I have to bathe her. Poor fat kitty.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
after seeing that pic i think someone will be doing a nono on your bed one day while your gone here real soon

cats are SO vidictive

little women

hehe

nerudite

Cyburbian
Actually, she's the most mellow cat ever... she was crawling all over us and purring minutes after she was dry. My b.f. can flip her like a juggling club without her caring... she's just a big suck. I hope that I don't have to give her a bath again soon though... sheesh...

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
nerudite said:
... she's just a big suck.
Wow...you have been in Canada a while now, haven't you? :)

I haven't heard that phrase used since th last time I watched Strange Brew. :p

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Cat Bath

Hey guess what time it is? It is time to give the cat a bath and I think I will follow the directions that I received from a trusted friend who knows how to treat cats. . ..

1. Thoroughly clean toilet.
2. Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water, and have both lids lifted.
3. Obtain the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
4. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close the lids. (you may need to stand on the lid so that he can not escape).

CAUTION: Don't let any part of your body too close to the edge, as his paws will be reaching out for any vulnerable surface they can find.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power wash and rinse" which I have found quite effective.
6. Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.
7. Stand behind the toilet as far, as you can, and quickly lift both lids.
8. The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet and run outside where he will dry himself. JOB DONE!!

nerudite

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:

Wow...you have been in Canada a while now, haven't you? :)

I haven't heard that phrase used since th last time I watched Strange Brew. :p
Oh man... is that a Canadianism? I guess I picked up more than I thought... I've also been called on my occasional use of the word "eh" and also the phrase "give 'er". The latter I use more often than I care to admit... but it's just such a great phrase.

Sample Number One:

Person #1: Hey, can I have the last beer?

Person #2: Give 'er.

Sample Number Two:

After seeing a car race by them at 100 k/hour:

Person #1: That car was goin' pretty fast, eh?

Person #2: Yeah, he was givin'er.

It's the phrase that fits almost anything. I think it's very underrated in comparison to the American "eh" fixation.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Re: Cat Bath

Mastiff said:
Hey guess what time it is? It is time to give the cat a bath and I think I will follow the directions that I received from a trusted friend who knows how to treat cats. . ..

1. Thoroughly clean toilet.
2. Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water, and have both lids lifted.
3. Obtain the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
4. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close the lids. (you may need to stand on the lid so that he can not escape).

CAUTION: Don't let any part of your body too close to the edge, as his paws will be reaching out for any vulnerable surface they can find.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power wash and rinse" which I have found quite effective.
6. Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.
7. Stand behind the toilet as far, as you can, and quickly lift both lids.
8. The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet and run outside where he will dry himself. JOB DONE!!
Here's my alternative:

1. Get a large burlap, canvas, or similar bag of durable material.

2. Place several large rocks or bricks in the bag.

3. Place the cat in the bag.

4. Securely fasten the bag shut.

5. Place the bag in deep water and leave it there.

6. Get a dog.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Wish I had a copy to post; several years ago, Ann Landers (or Dear Abby) had a really funny column about giving pills to cats.

Anyway, my oldie but goodie (16 year old) cat, Gooser, is having to take oral antibiotics twice a day for 10 days for - yuck - impacted anal glands. This is a major, painful (for me) ordeal. We are on day 6 and she is not speaking to me. I would rather commit ritual suicide than try to give this cat a bath.

hee! nerudite, you should send the first picture to that Evil Cats website someone posted a while ago.

donk

Cyburbian
The philosophy at our house is a tortured cat (within reason) is a good cat. I have found that cats that are treated with love, but played with hard end up being better then teh ones that people treat like precious objects. My favourite family cat was harvey, he was a manx who would speak to you to let you know exactly what he wanted. His vocabulary included family member's names and door. When mad though watch out. He fell into the used motor oil tank at home and came in and rolled around on everyone's bed and in my dad's dresser drawer, ruining lots of clothes and quilts.

Sometimes i wish I was not so busy as to not be able to have pets.