Occasional Server Busy Errors

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Moderator note:

We know the server has been having issues with being busy lately -- it's crawlers from Amazon and Alibaba cloud IPs, that we are trying to block.

--SR

Bubba

Cyburbian
Calling them occasional is an understatement - nice to see that our overlords are on the case. :D

Are others still having this problem? I have a heck of a time getting on here most times. Even when I don't get the "server busy" message it takes an awfully long time to load the site. I'm not complaining, just wondering if there is anything we can do about it on our (the member) end.

Thanks.

Hink

OH....IO
Are others still having this problem? I have a heck of a time getting on here most times. Even when I don't get the "server busy" message it takes an awfully long time to load the site. I'm not complaining, just wondering if there is anything we can do about it on our (the member) end.

Thanks.
Yes. It is difficult to replay to posts as well. It seems that the server is just thinking a lot these days...

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Indeed - I have gotten the "server is busy" message.

Is it time for another plus membership fund drive to help our Dear Leader address these server issues ?

This is really getting bad. At least for me. I'd say probably half the time I try to get on the site I can't at all and then many other times I get to the homepage and then it just spins and spins until it either times out or eventually pulls up the page I want. And when I post something it almost always times out and then I'm left to wonder if it actually posted or not until the next time I'm able to log back in. Anything we can do?