• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Office "Cleanliness"

Do you keep a "clean" desk?

• Yes...I need the space to spread out plans!

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • No...stuff keeps accumulating faster than I can process the stuff already there

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • Desk? I don't need no stinkin' desk...I've got my PC/Laptop!

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Maybe I am losing it, but I don't see any of the pictures of offices...

Anyway, this discussion reminds me of the phrase a former colleague used in describing people who worked for state government and didn't have enough to do: "desk dusters."
Moderator note:

You're not losing it. The images from 2002 (when the thread started) are no longer part of the database.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
WTF??? A thread that is 6 years old!

My desk seems to progressively accumulate stuff. I think I will come back in tonight and clean.

Tresmo

Cyburbian
My desk is usually a bit messy, but no huge piles of stuff I can't even identify. As long as I know what is on my desk, it's okay with me if people think it's a mess.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Usually pretty clean, except for the active files I am working on at the moment.