• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

OH NO! Not another INTRODUCTION...

Belle

Cyburbian
Wow....I finally did it... I came out of months of lurking and into the light of the forums. I am a grad student (in planning) about to start my second year. I've been lurking off and on for about four months, regularly for about one. I don't own a gun, I don't shop at Wal-Mart, and I NEVER know which city is pictured in "Guess the City." Thanks for keeping me entertained, because Cyburbia IS my (grad student) entertainment budget. :D So, here's to a lively summer...

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome, i dont have a gun (does a mean whip count?)

Anyway welcome and glad you decided to post.

:)
PG

donk

Cyburbian
I used to own guns, but not any more.

Welcome aboard, cyburbia is many of ours entertainment spending.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Welcome to the boards Belle! I have sworn off Wal-Mart and no longer own a gun - A Louisville Slugger will suffice. So which school in Dixie do you attend?

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Tranplanner said:
I love that one too - I didn't think they'd show that one to 'mericans ;)

"Strange Brew" was on last night...beauty, eh?
[ot]I didn't say I saw it in 'merica. :) Saw it last summer in PEI.

Take off hoser, Strange Brew was on? I'm proud to say that that movie is in my VHS collection....waiting for a DVD version![/ot]

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
NHPlanner said:
Take off hoser, Strange Brew was on? I'm proud to say that that movie is in my VHS collection....waiting for a DVD version!
[ot]I'm sure I've seen that. Perhaps a Cyburbia trade?

Sorry about the OT stuff.[/ot]

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Welcome! A recent study found that there are 0.84 guns in the United States for every resident. That ratio may be a little higher on Cyburbia, but that is probably a reflection of our working in the planning field.

H

Cyburbian
I sold my guns to my brother when I was broke in college.

Welcome, Dixie Belle.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Tranplanner said:
I'm sure I've seen that. Perhaps a Cyburbia trade?

Sorry about the OT stuff.
[ot]
If you see it, and are willing, let me know what I can offer in return from good ol' 'merica. ;)[/ot]

biscuit

Cyburbian
Belle said:
The one closest to your hometown.
I figured as much. What in the world are you doing to keep yourself occupied this summer - Other than going to the see the Y-beach fireworks? ;)

I try to make it to a couple of games a season so maybe we'll run into each other this fall. If you want to find me I'll be the one in the orange shirt, under the orange tent, sitting in an orange chair with a beer in an orange coozie in hand. Oh wait, I think I just decribed the myself along with the other 85,000 people who will be there.

Anyway, it's good to have somebody here representing the 864

donk

Cyburbian
OT - NHPlanner

I'll keep my eyes out for too, especially if I have to come down next week for an interview.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Belle

Cyburbian
green lizard said:
Wecome... but are you really a man?
Where in Dixie?
Nope, this Belle's for real!!! (and residing in the Carolinas)

P.S.--martini, that is by far my favorite bumper sticker ever, and I was just quoting it yesterday.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Hello!

welcome to the show! Your position will be at stage left.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Welcome, it's good to see another southerner posting. We are woefully underrepresented compared to the Midwest!

Habanero

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
I love that one too - I didn't think they'd show that one to 'mericans ;)

"Strange Brew" was on last night...beauty, eh?
OT: they've shown it here, well, maybe it was just on our hockey channel.
:)

Anyhooo-
Welcome! I can never get the city either, even when they posted a picture of a street in my town that I go to all the time (sad, I know).

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Belle said:
*BUSTED*
Clemson (can't have anyone thinking I go to Chapel Hill ;) )
Oh good lord, the Clemsons are starting to outnumber the Cheeseheads.