• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

    Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Ok girls fess up-Inner male?

Messages
3,680
Points
27
Men's Health is one of my favorite magazines. I love guy magazines.

Also, I get up thirty minutes later than Rob, and am usually waiting in the car for him to get his pokey butt out the door.
 

Jen

Cyburbian
Messages
1,702
Points
26
Also, I get up thirty minutes later than Rob, and am usually waiting in the car for him to get his pokey butt out the door.

Aww honey, isn't that because he's finishing up the breakfast dishes and making the beds? lol
 

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
Messages
384
Points
12
on a related note....
I had a dream the other night I was really attracted tot his girl and I was following her around and she was so nice to me. I got that giddy feeling you get at the beginning of a relationship in my dream about this girl. Wierd. Don't think I'm a lesbian, but I think I wouldn't rule out anything just yet.....

I don't see why women get offended at men's magazines. True, they objectify women but who cares. These women put themselves in that position. They WANT to be looked at and ogled. And you know, Playboy REALLY DOES have good articles. I'm a fan of the Advisor, especially. The interviews are great too, they ask questions others wont.

I love hockey and beer together. Can't go to a live sporting event without beer. Period.

I am not "butch". I like to wear pink and pastels. Sometimes dressing up is fun...but I hate weddings and somehow I'm always a bridesmaid. (I hate the formalities of them, I think they should be a big party.) Sometimes I like to wear toe-nail polish. I like jewelry and I didn't cut my hair ALL off. It's cute....not quite pixie, but I've got the curl thing going on.

I'd love to meet you all in person. I'll be in Texas in August if anyone wants to meet me down there for some hiking, or drinking or something.
 
Messages
3,680
Points
27
Jessie-J said:
on a related note....
I had a dream the other night I was really attracted tot his girl and I was following her around and she was so nice to me. I got that giddy feeling you get at the beginning of a relationship in my dream about this girl. Wierd. Don't think I'm a lesbian, but I think I wouldn't rule out anything just yet.....
No worries hon. Lots of girls I knew, present company included, had a nice fun bi-curious stage in their early 20's.
 

donk

Cyburbian
Messages
6,961
Points
31
had a nice fun bi-curious stage in their early 20's.

so that is why I could not get a date in university. I thought it was just a bad excuse, right up there with "I have to wash my hair."
 

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Messages
7,937
Points
39
Downtown said:
No worries hon. Lots of girls I knew, present company included, had a nice fun bi-curious stage in their early 20's.

I sense a new thread starting...you first DT ;)
 

Jeff

Cyburbian
Messages
4,159
Points
27
Downtown said:
No worries hon. Lots of girls I knew, present company included, had a nice fun bi-curious stage in their early 20's.

oh come on now, don't do that
 

H

Cyburbian
Messages
2,846
Points
24
Just read this thread. It is A LOT better than the one for the guys.

DAMN. :p
 

The Irish One

Member
Messages
2,266
Points
25
I had a dream the other night I was really attracted tot his girl and I was following her around and she was so nice to me. I got that giddy feeling you get at the beginning of a relationship in my dream about this girl. Wierd. Don't think I'm a lesbian, but I think I wouldn't rule out anything just yet.....

No worries hon. Lots of girls I knew, present company included, had a nice fun bi-curious stage in their early 20's

One more time

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAW
 
Messages
7,628
Points
29
Hey, folks, dreams are a symbolic language and her dream may have nothing to do with bi tendendcies. If the woman in the dream is a symbol for some aspect of herself, the dream could be about 'loving herself'. That would be healthy and have not a thing to do with sex. (Just one possible interpretation.)

To all you married Lesbian males: Clearly, that is why they keep you. All that macho stuff may get you a date, but, after you are married/living together, it can create a lot of friction of the wrong kind.

Sort of related side note: When I am screwing through the roof about something, my charming 16 year old son says "Mom is in a Spicey mood." If only his father were so charming. After many years of marriage, he finally admitted that 'spicey' women are what he is attracted to. Thereafter, I ended a few arguments before they began by telling him he shouldn't punish me for being so 'attractive'.:)
 
Last edited:

The Irish One

Member
Messages
2,266
Points
25
Hey, folks, dreams are a symbolic language and her dream may have nothing to do with bi tendendcies. If the woman in the dream is a symbol for some aspect of herself, the dream could be about 'loving herself'. That would be healthy and have not a thing to do with sex. (Just one possible interpretation.)

buzzkill
 
Messages
7,628
Points
29
The Irish one said:

I only killed your buzz cuz the woman who spoke of her dream seemed to not appreciate the type of attention it was getting. I have also provided a few buzzes. Such games require willing parties for it to be a party (rather than something akin to a 'gang rape'). There are all kinds of laws about NOT doing such things against a woman's will IRL. They ought to apply in cyberspace as well, IMO.

Women still get plenty of flack from both directions: if she wants to play, she is a BLEEP, or a BLEEP, or, perhaps a BLEEP. If she doesn't want to play, she is a 'frigid, man-hating BLEEP'. Guys who are respectful get played with the most. You might want to remember that if you are having trouble convincing someone to play with you.
 

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Messages
13,843
Points
40
MZ, understand that the guys on Cyburbia normally go for the lowest common denominator. No, actually, they actively pursue the lowest common denominator. They are not trying to be sexist, they just, well,... anyway, they are normally nice and sweet and concerned about others.
 

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Messages
18,300
Points
44
Zoning Goddess said:
MZ, understand that the guys on Cyburbia normally go for the lowest common denominator. No, actually, they actively pursue the lowest common denominator. They are not trying to be sexist, they just, well,... anyway, they are normally nice and sweet and concerned about others.

Not me babe, I'm a sexist pig.
 
Messages
7,628
Points
29
Zoning Goddess said:
MZ, understand that the guys on Cyburbia normally go for the lowest common denominator. No, actually, they actively pursue the lowest common denominator. They are not trying to be sexist, they just, well,... anyway, they are normally nice and sweet and concerned about others.

I didn't say they were being sexist. Just seemed like some folks were getting uncomfortable. So I thought I would toss out my 2 cents worth.

The folks that find it buzz kill are free to assume I am wrong. I didn't say it couldn't be a dream about bi tendencies, just that it could be about something else entirely. It just ceases to be a game when some of the players get injured (which does not seem to have happened yet, an I would hate to see the festivities end because of something really injurious happening).
 

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Messages
13,843
Points
40
Michele Zone said:
I didn't say they were being sexist. Just seemed like some folks were getting uncomfortable. So I thought I would toss out my 2 cents worth.

The folks that find it buzz kill are free to assume I am wrong. I didn't say it couldn't be a dream about bi tendencies, just that it could be about something else entirely. It just ceases to be a game when some of the players get injured (which does not seem to have happened yet, an I would hate to see the festivities end because of something really injurious happening).

I really think they were teasing. And I don't think Downtown would have mentioned the subject if she weren't posting all the time and comfortable with mentioning it here, since we are mostly all anonymous. And they are only teasing you about the buzz kill, you know how guys can be! And yes, I agree, it's not fun anymore if feelings are hurt, and occasionally things can get heated here, so you are more than right to mention anything that you feel is over the line. That said, hope you continue to post and enjoy cyburbia.
 

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
Messages
384
Points
12
I wasn't getting offended. If I got offended easily, I wouldn't post information like that dream on the internet.

I do appreciate your efforts though, MZ, it was perceptive of you to see that it could potentially get out of hand. You were also very tactful about it.

Can I add "not easily offended" to my list of ways I'm "like one of the guys"?
 
Messages
7,628
Points
29
Zoning Goddess said:
I really think they were teasing. And I don't think Downtown would have mentioned the subject if she weren't posting all the time and comfortable with mentioning it here, since we are mostly all anonymous. And they are only teasing you about the buzz kill, you know how guys can be! And yes, I agree, it's not fun anymore if feelings are hurt, and occasionally things can get heated here, so you are more than right to mention anything that you feel is over the line. That said, hope you continue to post and enjoy cyburbia.

Hey, there was plenty of double-entendre in my gentle admonishment of the guys. I feel perfectly comfortable cracking raunchy jokes here. I think guys who are generally nice and respectful and hang out with fairly liberated women sometimes 'forget' that women (and their reputations) can get really hurt by stuff that wouldn't necessarily be a big deal for a guy. (I have been a mom a really, really long time.)

Funny that this thread is turning out to be so much more interesting than the 'inner chick' thread since I have read some really cool stuff that women who try to act or dress like men are merely 'social climbers' but men who aspire to 'female attributes' are sort of 'aspiring to god-like powers' (ie the ability to create life). In fact, I once read an interesting analysis of 'Frankenstein' as being about male 'womb envy' (when all we usually hear about is female 'penis envy').
 

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Messages
13,843
Points
40
Michele Zone said:


Funny that this thread is turning out to be so much more interesting than the 'inner chick' thread since I have read some really cool stuff that women who try to act or dress like men are merely 'social climbers' but men who aspire to 'female attributes' are sort of 'aspiring to god-like powers' (ie the ability to create life). In fact, I once read an interesting analysis of 'Frankenstein' as being about male 'womb envy' (when all we usually hear about is female 'penis envy').

OK, Cyburbia guys, what do you think about this? Interesting topic!
 
Messages
7,628
Points
29
Jessie-J said:
I wasn't getting offended. If I got offended easily, I wouldn't post information like that dream on the internet.

I do appreciate your efforts though, MZ, it was perceptive of you to see that it could potentially get out of hand. You were also very tactful about it.

Can I add "not easily offended" to my list of ways I'm "like one of the guys"?

That's good to know.

I don't get easily offended either. I used to be real sensitive about people's opinions of me. Then I managed to bitchily not only live but also get a medical diagnosis of my problem after listening to quite a few doctors tell me that (15 minutes after they met me) "I can't find anything physically wrong with you. Have you considered seeing a psychiatrist?" (or something along those lines).

Their opinions that I wasn't actually sick, I was merely crazy, were genuinely life-threatening. And I survived. So, unless someone is ready to hire a hitman, their opinions of me don't mean a heckuva lot at this stage in my life.

But, hey, I am new here. For all I knew, you were some clueless "cute, naive, go-getter" who didn't realize what door you were opening. Those are the types that tend to take it the hardest. I stand up for myself pretty well. And am one of those dumb Americans with the bad habit of trying to rescue people who didn't ask for it. ;)

I just think that if the women want to volunteer the details of bisexual encounters they have had, that is one thing. But for the guys to ask is sort of rude. I mean, I haven't ask any of them what they did in bed last night. Right?:)
 

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Messages
10,069
Points
34
Zoning Goddess said:
OK, Cyburbia guys, what do you think about this? Interesting topic!

White male. 'Nuf said. I don't need to be envious of anything. ;)
 

The Irish One

Member
Messages
2,266
Points
25
Calling your statement a buzzkill was a joke. responding to Downtown and Jesse-J's comments about Bi tendencies with a big YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA was also a joke. you know the stereotypical thing to do when a guy here's about that. Just like when a guy heres that two women are going to fight (MEEEEOW). The tone of both of these threads (inner guy, inner chick) has been very lighthearted and fun.
 

H

Cyburbian
Messages
2,846
Points
24
Michele Zone said:
...And am one of those dumb Americans with the bad habit of trying to rescue people who didn't ask for it. ;)

You bring up an interesting topic here. I am going to start a thread to this regard.

PS. It WAS all in good fun. If you read the back on some older posts you will see many similar conversations. At first I was stand offish and didn’t know what to think, but then I figured out it WAS all in JEST. Oh, but clearly it is no shock to know that you live in Cali. way to confirm stereotypes!;) (that was a joke as well, please don’t give me a lecture) :)
 

donk

Cyburbian
Messages
6,961
Points
31
No, actually, they actively pursue the lowest common denominator.

What do you want from us? We work with construction workers. I know when I've been doing too many site inspections, I get this urge to whistle at women on the street and make lewd comments, that I only sometimes think.
 
Messages
7,628
Points
29
The Irish one said:
Calling your statement a buzzkill was a joke. responding to Downtown and Jesse-J's comments about Bi tendencies with a big YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA was also a joke. you know the stereotypical thing to do when a guy here's about that. Just like when a guy heres that two women are going to fight (MEEEEOW). The tone of both of these threads (inner guy, inner chick) has been very lighthearted and fun.

Have I mentioned that I homeschool my defective genius sons who take EVERYTHING literally? They obviously have infected me with their defects. (Or is that the other way around? hmmmm..)

Huston said:
You bring up an interesting topic here. I am going to start a thread to this regard.

PS. It WAS all in good fun. If you read the back on some older posts you will see many similar conversations. At first I was stand offish and didn’t know what to think, but then I figured out it WAS all in JEST. Oh, but clearly it is no shock to know that you live in Cali. way to confirm stereotypes!;) (that was a joke as well, please don’t give me a lecture) :)

I have 3 t-shirts that say 'GRITS: Girls Raised In The South'.

Born and raised in Georgia. 'Recent' (5 years or so ago) arrival to Cali.

So, I am just a dumb southerner. I know how to flirt, like a good Southern Belle ouhgtta, but that is about it. (I figure I will conquer planning kinda like Erin Brockovich did: "They're called 'boobs', Ed.")
 

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Messages
13,843
Points
40
Michele Zone said:
I have 3 t-shirts that say 'GRITS: Girls Raised In The South'.

Born and raised in Georgia. 'Recent' (5 years or so ago) arrival to Cali.

So, I am just a dumb southerner. I know how to flirt, like a good Southern Belle ouhgtta, but that is about it. (I figure I will conquer planning kinda like Eric Brockovich did: "They're called 'boobs', Ed.")

Born and raised Southern, too (Florida). Except I don't have the boob defense. Don't worry about it, just have fun here!

donk said:
What do you want from us? We work with construction workers. I know when I've been doing too many site inspections, I get this urge to whistle at women on the street and make lewd comments, that I only sometimes think.

Yoohoo! Where are you boys when I'm out making site inspections???
 
Messages
7,628
Points
29
The Irish one said:
You have my respect.

Yeah, I really loved that movie, what with the big city lawyers assuming Erin is dumb and later having to apologize. Then, at the end, when she comes back with all the signatures, she makes all those catty remarks about "since I have no brains, no education, etc, I just performed 600 and something sexual favors. Man, am I tired!"

Or to quote some actress "I don't think it is true that the bigger a woman's boobs are, the lower her IQ is. I think it is the other way around: the bigger her boobs, the lower HIS IQ is."

(I used to live in the Mojave Desert, not terribly far from Hinkley (in the scheme of things -- when you consider the size that underground aquifers can be). We had a separate faucet for 'drinking water' and were instructed to not drink the tap water. The movie came out while I lived there. Pretty hair-raising stuff.)
 

Habanero

Cyburbian
Messages
3,217
Points
27
Michele Zone said:
(I figure I will conquer planning kinda like Erin Brockovich did: "They're called 'boobs', Ed.")

That's how I get free oil changes every 3,000 miles, the guys have now started throwing in a tire rotation. :)
 

prudence

Cyburbian
Messages
685
Points
20
This thread has taken a decidely sour turn...all the life seems to have been sucked out...
 

Jeff

Cyburbian
Messages
4,159
Points
27
prudence said:
This thread has taken a decidely sour turn...all the life seems to have been sucked out...

Yeah back on topic.....lesbians.
 

Jeff

Cyburbian
Messages
4,159
Points
27
Downtown said:
Good lord, mike. Are you not getting much with the new baby here? :)

Are you serious? Do you have an idea how easy it is to pick up chicks in the bar when you have a 2 month old baby with you?
 

tsc

Cyburbian
Messages
1,900
Points
23
okay........

I have a boat... upon which I enjoy numberous icy cold beers. (and a few tanqs and tonics)...I changed the oil on the outboard for the boat (50hp Honda) and lubed the whole thing (way to easy and not worth paying some grease monkey $200 to do....)
(although... I do wear rubber gloves!!)

I also can back the 31 foot boat/trailer rig in anywhere.....
I can drive a bobcat/back hoe

I have a fishing license....and a hound dog.

not only do I have tools.. but a table saw, power miter, circular saw, reciprocating saw....oh.. what don't I have....and I built several work benches to put/store all my tools on.

I have a few baseball hats.....

I chop wood... and have a chain saw.....

but... I also have a sewing machine, paint, bake, go to the theater (musicals mainly), and can through together a holiday meal in a jiffy.........
 

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Messages
10,069
Points
34
ts corbitt said:
okay........

I have a boat... upon which I enjoy numberous icy cold beers. (and a few tanqs and tonics)...I changed the oil on the outboard for the boat (50hp Honda) and lubed the whole thing (way to easy and not worth paying some grease monkey $200 to do....)
(although... I do wear rubber gloves!!)

I also can back the 31 foot boat/trailer rig in anywhere.....
I can drive a bobcat/back hoe

I have a fishing license....and a hound dog.

not only do I have tools.. but a table saw, power miter, circular saw, reciprocating saw....oh.. what don't I have....and I built several work benches to put/store all my tools on.

I have a few baseball hats.....

I chop wood... and have a chain saw.....

but... I also have a sewing machine, paint, bake, go to the theater (musicals mainly), and can through together a holiday meal in a jiffy.........

Are you married?
 

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Messages
10,069
Points
34
ts corbitt said:
the boat is a macgregor 26x.... a motorsailer....

Is it a compound mitre? I notice you didn't mention a drill press. I've got a 12-incher, just in case you find that attractive. ;)
 
Top