• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

OK People - Listen Up - we need some help here!

el Guapo

Capitalist
If you'll look at the tote board it seems as if the pledge drive has petered out. That is just sad. How much do we each spend on our APA dues? What do we get? A magazine and more dues, that’s it.

Here at Cyburbia we get great commentary on current events in our field, we see planners in love with their craft, we learn acceptance of others, we get some insight in to the struggles others have endured, we get good planning tid bits, and we get a place to vent when the day has just sucked.

Dan, through Cyburbia, offers us genuine handcrafted html that rivals professional web sites. Here at Cyburbia we get a place to load our photos, we get a compendium of planning resources, and we get howlingly inappropriate commentary from some very bright people. This is a good place, a special place. The burden of keeping the lights on should not fall on the shoulders of one man.

If you were to donate $25 that comes to less than 7 cents a day. You don't find values like that anywhere else in this world. So, can we all give the home Dan has built for wayward planners one more deep dig into our personal finances for the Gipper (Dan)?

Let’s each pay our fair share. :)

Wulf9

The check is in the mail.

Okay, the check will be in the mail tomorrow.

nerudite

Cyburbian
You have the best timing! Payday tomorrow with retroactive pay increase! Mmmmmm... COLA.

Habanero

Cyburbian
hey, they were just giving their $0.02! :) Do the amazon sales go into that figure above? I bought a few books last week off of this link, so that could be where it came from.

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
I'm a poor college student..... I'd be willing to barter! I'd love to help out somehow! I love this site!

I have been telling friends and aquaintances about the site...

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Sent my check last week. Tried to use paypal, but had to practically donate a liver to try and get them to switch from my maiden name to my married name.

BKM

Cyburbian
I know I need to send my pledge in. It really is in the mail this paycheck.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
SW MI Planner said:
Sent my check last week. Tried to use paypal, but had to practically donate a liver to try and get them to switch from my maiden name to my married name.
Damn paypal is giving me fits too. Tried to update address andn credit card info and now I have to wait till my next statement comes to get a confirmation code, go back, reenter, grrrr.

EDIT: Finally got 'er up and going. My pledge should be in your hands Dan! (dunno if paypal attached my name or just my hotmail email account).

The Irish One

looks like the money is slowly but surely coming along. But don't expect anything from me -I'm a cheap bastard.

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
poor & starving in Texas

I'm a poor, starving college student in Texas, but this site is well worth a couple of pizzas! I'll be sending a check next payday! Heck, my APA dues may become my Cyburbia support payment. Cyburbia is more useful & fun anyway!

LouisvilleSlugger

Cyburbian
Jessie-J said:
I'm a poor college student..... I'd be willing to barter! I'd love to help out somehow! I love this site!

I have been telling friends and aquaintances about the site...
same here...sign me up!!!! I have been telling all of my classmates about the site. first heard about it from a po-fessor of mine :)

Belle

Cyburbian
Sent my humble contribution this morning...

No, really, the check IS in the mail....

michaelskis

Cyburbian
What happened with the Amazon thing? I too spent money on Death and Life of Great American Cities, and Suburban Nation.

I will see if I can send something in when I next get paid.

BKM

Cyburbian
Although I am not in the Double (or Triple) CLube :), I do "post too much," so I'll send in another check.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I'll admit to being lazy with updating the amount . I'll do it tonight ... sorry.

plankton

Cyburbian
I donated $11.06 to Cyburbia over the weekend (8/10/03). It hasn't shown up on the "Donations June to Present" yet.

Did you receive it?

PayPal has confirmed the payment on my end.

PM me if you have any questions.

simulcra

hey, is the current donation level going to updated anytime soon? and when must this goal be met by? and how exactly do amazon.com-partnered purchases factor in?

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
I chipped in to save a little of the hotlinking. Dan, you should have my check on Wednesday if the PO still delivers.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I'll see if I can get my parents to buy me anything from the cyburbia store or something for christmas... beyond that I can't help much... I gots no credit card!

el Guapo

Capitalist
DUDE!

Hey man! I just realized I owe you $25 of my $50 pledge. Didn''t I promise you $25 in September? My.....wait for it......bad. I'll get the cash somehow. Anybody need plasma?

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Update?

Oh, great Dan-O, we know how busy you are . . . ruling Cuburbia.
But when will the Donations be updated?

Mary

I sent a check he should have it by now. We'll have to wait for the update.

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
Re: DUDE!

el Guapo said:
Hey man! I just realized I owe you $25 of my $50 pledge. Didn''t I promise you $25 in September? My.....wait for it......bad. I'll get the cash somehow. Anybody need plasma?
Yeah, I do...I'm building a flat-screen TV.

Kathie_WE

Cyburbian
Ok all you poor grad students... I just sent in my pay pal contribution. It was easy and painless. Now its your turn.

None of us student have $$$ -- especially if you're an older returning student with a mortgage, car payments, and other debts. Consider it part of your book & supply costs ... that's how I'm going to justify to my hubby anyway.

Consider this a challenge like they do on radio fundraising drives.....

nerudite

Cyburbian
Wow... I'm really impressed that we all chipped in and met the funding goal. Good work everyone! You rock!

Jeff

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
Wow... I'm really impressed that we all chipped in and met the funding goal. Good work everyone! You rock!
.....and now onto other things. I need a new bike for next season.