• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Okay, who switched my avatar?

I have insider information that this had to be done by someone with lots of power.

While I admit that this looks a lot like me on some days (except my hair isn't quite that gray yet), I seriously resent someone hiring a private detective and hunting down people I used to attend high school with and finding out the hostile nickname I had back then. I had nicer nicknames. Couldn't you have used one of those?

Kitten comes to mind, but that might not be the best one to use here, given the connotation (The nickname had to do with my resemblance to a Comic Book character -- Kitty Pride? I think that was the name but I didn't read the X-men comics).

Re: Re: Okay, who switched my avatar?

Cardinal said:
Is this code for lesbian sex?

I was granted the nickname Kitten by a group of roll-playing gamers where I was the only girl who played with them regularly (why do I feel ever so set up by my own words?). I don't think any of them had LESBIAN sex in mind when they changed Kitty to Kitten. But the expression 'jail bait' was also in use, so I was fairly safe. lol.

Zoning Goddess said:
I think you have just been absorbed into the Cyburbia "family" (such as it is). :)

Oh, great: MORE nutty relatives. I married a military man so I could escape the nutty relatives. What on earth have I done? :)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Well, you've just adopted Chet, Cardinal, El Guapo, etc. as your brothers. OK, forget that. Thank god you also get PG, Planderella, etc. as your sisters...

Zoning Goddess said:
Well, you've just adopted Chet, Cardinal, El Guapo, etc. as your brothers. OK, forget that. Thank god you also get PG, Planderella, etc. as your sisters...

My apartment isn't that big. Couldn't we just be COUSINS? Besides, I have been married for nearly 19 years so I am not used to so much emotional intimacy. ;)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Zoning Goddess said:

LOL I shared that sentiment in a PM to her a bit ago.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Oh god, why don't you all just give yourselves a California-style group hug then hop in the hot tub and watch the sunset over the Marin Headlands.... ;) ;)

RichmondJake said:
Oh god, why don't you all just give yourselves a California-style group hug then hop in the hot tub and watch the sunset over the Marin Headlands.... ;) ;)

So, I was wondering: is that California group hug/ hot tub thing with or without clothes? Then that got me to thinking about the comment of all of us being 'brothers and sisters' and that gets back to my Georgia origins, not my California 'home', iykwim.;)

Last edited:

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:

Grrrr... hot tub sounds good to a Zoning Goddess...:d:

Rem

Cyburbian
When I started reading this thread I was laughing - now I am becoming afraid.8-!

If photos are taken I think I can get over my fear. ;-)

el Guapo

Capitalist
Hey cuz, can you spot me a C note?

Cool: More relatives = more places to stash ammo!

BTW - It was not I that changed your avatar. I miss seeing the "juggies" as I came to call them....

Rem said:
When I started reading this thread I was laughing - now I am becoming afraid.8-!

If photos are taken I think I can get over my fear. ;-)

You know, requests for photos generally gets me into trouble. Is that any way to treat a friend?-- encouraging my bad habits?;)

Sheesh -- are you just determined to make sure that my 'acceptance' in cyburbia is short lived, or what? lol.

Re: Hey cuz, can you spot me a C note?

el Guapo said:
Cool: More relatives = more places to stash ammo!

BTW - It was not I that changed your avatar. I miss seeing the "juggies" as I came to call them....

Oh, too funny! I actually do have a picture of me laughing with my tongue sticking out that I might post (if I could figure out HOW!!) just because it humorously reminds me of my new -- unwanted! -- avatar. But that photo, while funny, is not terribly flattering and then I would be compelled to post a more flattering pic to salve my ego. lol.

I have been debating what to do when I replace Einstein with something more ... acceptable. I like having an actual pic of me up there, even if it is utterly unrecognizable. Sigh. I wonder why so many of my friends tell me I am an egomaniac. I just can't figure it out. ;)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: Re: Hey cuz, can you spot me a C note?

Michele Zone said:
I actually do have a picture of me laughing with my tongue sticking out

MZ - PM me again and gimmee your addy, Ill let u know where to send it. Im sure we can get it into the nerudite and elmo housewarming, much like my infamous walrus pic.

Be warned - you are subject to unscrupulous photoshopping from therein. :)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Yes if you ever give this...Family your pic you are open to photoshop fun from hence forth

be warned or enjoy the fun your call

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Michele Zone said:
So, I was wondering: is that California group hug/ hot tub thing with or without clothes?

Sans clothing...loose strings clog the filter. ;)

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Okay, who switched my avatar?

Michele Zone said:
I was granted the nickname Kitten by a group of roll-playing gamers where I was the only girl who played with them regularly (why do I feel ever so set up by my own words?). I don't think any of them had LESBIAN sex in mind when they changed Kitty to Kitten. But the expression 'jail bait' was also in use, so I was fairly safe. lol.

I think it is fair to say that those that played role playing games (NTTIAWWT) probably did not know what lesbian sex was. I on the other hand...

Cardinal

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
Im still not sure how I got pulled in, Ive never played D&D

Not even just the "Dungeons" part?

Somebody want to move this to the thread that just gost split off?