• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Old Friends

yaff

Cyburbian
Hi all:
I now have to admit that I have been "lurking" in the forums for a long time and feel like you all are old friends. I am working as a Sr. Planner for a large urban county. The wit, irony, sarcasm, and good ideas I find here always help me make it through my day. Thanks!

Joe Iliff

Reformed City Planner
Welcome

Welcome. Lurking is perfectly fine at Cyburbia, but as you probably seen from some of the forums, just about anything is fine for posting, so don't hesistate to post an opinion.

planasaurus

Cyburbian
Welcome. I lurked for a long time too - before posting something. Nowdays I have been doing more lurking than posting.

yaff

Cyburbian
Gee Thanks!

Gee,

Thanks for the welcome you all. I have enjoyed your musings on so many professional and personal topics. Rock on folks!!

I got my MURP from U.W.-Madison in 2000. As a relatively new planner, I enjoy the opportunity to interact here with planning professionals at all levels in their careers.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: Gee Thanks!

yaff wrote:
I got my MURP from U.W.-Madison in 2000.
Madison -- 12 square miles surrounded by reality. I love it!

yaff

Cyburbian
Wisconsin raised - Beer, Cheese, and a few wierdos...

When you've said Wis-Con-Sin, you've said it all.

And yet ... I've relocated to Illinois. What got into me?

I've actually spent time living in several other places, including 4 years in Portland, Oregon for law school, a year in Baltimore and almost a year in Philadelphia. Also spent some time up in Maine in my youth (i'm now in my 30's)

Top Bottom