• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

On a serious note

donk

Cyburbian
Looked through quizilla and found an architecture related quiz.

I'm brutalism.

BRUTALISM Oh, I can't figure you out at all. You've got no sense of aesthetics, really, and you're, well, brutal. It might be some consolation that Umberto Eco based the library in "The Name of the Rose" on Toronto's fabulously hideous Robarts Library.

TP or other torontonians, is the robarts library the peacock shaped one on the Uof T campus?

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
I'm...

GOTHIC Aww...aren't you quaint! You probably feel like you were born in the wrong era, don't you? You're into lacy velvety things and you probably think you're a vampire. You look at the world around you and think, "it used to be better than this, didn't it?"

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
"What style of architecture are you?" - Results:

RADICAL MODERNISM You're just a little non-conformist. You're one of those people who needs to smash it all up before you can put it all together. You're probably a hoot at parties, too.

fitting...

jmf

Cyburbian
Here's me - I'm soooo boring.

CLASSICAL You're elegant, refined, and a little, shall we say, a bit of a bore? You like order and search for perfection. You probably wouldn't get along very well with me.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I guess...

I'm not sure if the robarts library is "peacock" shaped. But it's certainly F'UGLY!

donk

Cyburbian
I found a picture on the web.

It is supposed to look like a bird in flight/peacock with tail extended.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I'm classic- but I could've already told you that. My dream home is a colonial style white house with a circular drive and a detached garage off the back of the house with a breezway, rose garden, and guest quarters off back.

donk said:
Looked through quizilla and found an architecture related quiz.

I'm brutalism.

BRUTALISM Oh, I can't figure you out at all. You've got no sense of aesthetics, really, and you're, well, brutal. It might be some consolation that Umberto Eco based the library in "The Name of the Rose" on Toronto's fabulously hideous Robarts Library.

TP or other torontonians, is the robarts library the peacock shaped one on the Uof T campus?
Me too. WTF???

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
I'm classic- but I could've already told you that. My dream home is a colonial style white house with a circular drive and a detached garage off the back of the house with a breezway, rose garden, and guest quarters off back.
Me too, and we have the same dream homes :) Course I want the white picket fence and dog, and 2.5 kids too!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Gothic? I would have thought Prairie or Craftsman, but maybe it isn't a choice.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Ja!

You're just a little non-conformist. You're one of those people who needs to smash it all up before you can put it all together. You're probably a hoot at parties, too.

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian

GOTHIC Aww...aren't you quaint! You probably feel like you were born in the wrong era, don't you? You're into lacy velvety things and you probably think you're a vampire. You look at the world around you and think, "it used to be better than this, didn't it?"

Runner

Cyburbian
I would have said Neo-Traditional.

But, the computer says, another Goth.