• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

One bourbon one scotch and other hard liquor

DVD

Cyburbian
Since we have a never ending beer thread i thought I could start the liquor thread. So what do you like?

I usually drink Crown or Maker’s in my old fashion. Woodford is another good one. I’m trying Two Stars. I’m not going to recommend it. Buffalo Sweat looks interesting but I haven’t tried it.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Had a Highball last night with Maker's and ginger ale after returning home from volunteering at our Main Street program's Beerfest fundraiser event.

And I typically never drink beer.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Not much of a liquor guy here, but occasionally I enjoy a shot of licoricey Akvavit. I like it ice cold and the alcohol burn is delayed until it hits the back of your throat.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
I am a gin person - like most brands but Tanqueray is a little too perfumy

I drink scotch or Irish whiskey when I have a cold as my parents always gave me that as a kid (lol, but hey they were Depression, pre penicillin people!)

Hink

OH....IO
I am a gin person. I really enjoy the London Mule. I tried (because Ryan Reynolds is dreamy) Aviation Gin, and actually liked it. I have been going with that the last couple purchases.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Speaking of mules, I've been meaning to try a Moscow Mule ever since I saw one made on YouTube.

The copper mug is all part of the drink's supposed appeal. It looks nice at any rate. Generally speaking, though, I prefer gin over vodka.

Big Owl

Cyburbian
I have been drinking a local rye whiskey. I first bought because it's local and I know the owners. I keep buying it because it is smooth despite it being significantly more expensive than my usual. If I am drinking a good whiskey, I'll either drink it straight or neat. Of late, I have been using it as a cough elixir. I make a hot toddy. I add little honey and some lemon to the whiskey and mix it half and half with hot water.

Hink

OH....IO
Speaking of mules, I've been meaning to try a Moscow Mule ever since I saw one made on YouTube.
View attachment 24305

The copper mug is all part of the drink's supposed appeal. It looks nice at any rate. Generally speaking, though, I prefer gin over vodka.
That is why I drink London Mules. Gin instead of vodka. Makes the drink actually taste good.