• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Online photo albums?

JNL

Cyburbian
I have a Kodak digital camera and I would like to create an online album for sharing my photos during my upcoming trip (and I will also be able to post pics of the Cyburbians I meet along the way!!). (See this thread for details of where I'm going: http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11403)

Does anyone have experience with ofoto.com? That is the site recommended by Kodak. What other sites can you recommend?

Thanks!

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
We use Nikonnet.com I love it more than the other online photo galleries because they do not send annoying emails to you about your account and they don't make people sign up to see your pictures.

JNL

Cyburbian
I have been trying to sign up for a yahoo account but every username I can think of is taken - even when I add numeric sufffixes!!

I'll check out nikonnet - cheers :)

H

Cyburbian
JNL said:
Does anyone have experience with ofoto.com? That is the site recommended by Kodak.
I use Ofoto and I like it. It is affordable and the pics turn out very nice. :)

Elisabeth

Cyburbian
I've had ofoto for over a year and I like it a lot. The only drawback is that you can't post a link available to the public because ofoto will usually require you to sign in. But you can share photos with friends by emailing albums to them and it arrives as a slideshow--quite nice, in fact.

martini

Cyburbian
Trail Nazi said:
We use Nikonnet.com I love it more than the other online photo galleries because they do not send annoying emails to you about your account and they don't make people sign up to see your pictures.
I use Picserver, and like TN's service, they send NO annoying emails or offerings of services. This is just a host service though, they don't offer print services. I go to Ophoto for that one.

http://picserver.student.utwente.nl/

^^thats the link.

JNL

Cyburbian
ofoto it is

Thanks for the suggestions. I signed up for nikonnet but when I tried to upload photos I got an error message saying 'Error uploading photos'. That's it. Tried again, with a nice small .jpg - another error. So I signed up for ofoto and it worked fine, so I guess I'll go with that. You have to enter people's email addresses that you want to share your photos with, so I checked the small print and they promise they will not send anything to these addresses, they're simply used for verification for access to your account. Ofoto seems nice and easy to use.

martini

Cyburbian
JNL said:
You have to enter people's email addresses that you want to share your photos with, so I checked the small print and they promise they will not send anything to these addresses, they're simply used for verification for access to your account. Ofoto seems nice and easy to use.
I tried that once, sending people emails with a link to photos, but they claimed it never went through. You might have trouble posting picstures from there too. I know I have before. I just use ophoto for processing now.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
JNL said:
Thanks for the suggestions. I signed up for nikonnet but when I tried to upload photos I got an error message saying 'Error uploading photos'. That's it. Tried again, with a nice small .jpg - another error. So I signed up for ofoto and it worked fine, so I guess I'll go with that. You have to enter people's email addresses that you want to share your photos with, so I checked the small print and they promise they will not send anything to these addresses, they're simply used for verification for access to your account. Ofoto seems nice and easy to use.

I am so sorry that nikonnet did not work for you. I really like it a lot. I am glad that you like your new service. Have fun with your picture taking.

JNL

Cyburbian
Trail Nazi said:
Have fun with your picture taking.
:) When it gets a bit closer to my trip, I will see who would like access to my online album (I will need email addresses). I know it's only 6 weeks that I'm away, but I will cover 12 countries in that time so hopefully will have some cool photos to share!