• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Technology Online Plan Review

Hello all,

I'm usually more of a lurker than an actual poster but I'd love to hear some input on this topic. We are a mid-sized township (~20,000 people) and we discussing ways we can streamline our site plan review process while also better integrating with the building dept. as well as the township assessor. Does anyone have experience utilizing a particular software/company for online submission of site plans, applications for various permits, etc.?

DVD

Cyburbian
We use ProjectDox. It is not recommended by anyone in our office using it. Bluebeam is the recommended program. I couldn't tell you the difference, but I listen to our building code guys who have used the two.

Thank you both for your feedback. I've heard good things about Bluebeam so I'll have to talk with the other departments to see if this is something they'd be interested in pursuing. As for pointless discussions about randoms things, I'll do my best!

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Thank you both for your feedback. I've heard good things about Bluebeam so I'll have to talk with the other departments to see if this is something they'd be interested in pursuing. As for pointless discussions about randoms things, I'll do my best!
We are signing contracts next week do do Bluebeam with IDT. It is worth paying the extra for the full online integration.

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
We are jimmy rigging our operation a shoe string budget. Plan checks performed via BlueBeam. We are using microsoft one drive to place reviewed plans to be obtained by the applicant. I would like to integrate more with blue beam and do it skis' way, however some dinosaurs err.. co-workers, refuse the digital revolution and bow to our new overlords.

Planit

Cyburbian
We are jimmy rigging our operation a shoe string budget. Plan checks performed via BlueBeam. We are using microsoft one drive to place reviewed plans to be obtained by the applicant. I would like to integrate more with blue beam and do it skis' way, however some dinosaurs err.. co-workers, refuse the digital revolution and bow to our new overlords.
I have some of those same dinosaurs in public works.