• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Other Forums?

statler

Cyburbian
I realize that between work and Cyburbia most people probably don't have a lot of time to frequent other message boards, but if you do which one(s)?

During my down time:
Cyburbia, Skyscraperpage and Skyscaperguy to satisfy my city-geekdom.

Plastic.com if I'm feeling slightly intellectual.
and
Fark.com if I'm not feeling so intellectual.

(Disclaimer- I don't actively participate in these forums I mostly lurk) :)

el Guapo

Capitalist
Well, Cyburbia and one other where I play several sock puppets and an administrator. But this is the one for fun and knowledge.

Oh, I forgot - www.brickboard.com - for Volvo enthusiasts

donk

Cyburbian
This is my primary one for participation, but I lurk at velonews and canadian cyclist.

BKM

Cyburbian
urbanphoto.org

I post a lot at urbanphoto.org. Tends to be somewhat liberal, a lot of younger pro-urban/anti-suburban guys. Great photography by the site editors.

I lurk at some music sites.

And I lurk a lot/post rarely at portalofevil.com (my politically incorrect/snotty brat forums of choice)

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Other than the listservs I'm on for NH and Northern New England Planning (and APA leadership...gack), Cyburbia is it for me.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Aside from frequenting the skyscraper boards from time to time, I try to make The Straight Dope a regular part of the day.

I used to be a regular on Usenet, but spambots (both posting and searching for e-mail addresses) took the fun out of it for me.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I lurk around a lot of boards, and post from time to time... Leafs, skyscrapers, urbanphoto, etc. But not with any particular regularity. Oh yeah, and sometimes on Salon.com... intelligent people there, but I don't like the way the threads are set up, it's hard to search and follow conversations. Lastly, I go about once a week to post questions on a board devoted to stepmothers, to try to get insight into various situations surrounding my b.f.'s kids and ex-wife situations.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Basically this is it. I lurk on urbantoronto.ca - though I don't post too much. I'm also on a model railway board too.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Cyburbia or nothing

It's the only virtual crack good enough to get the bturk endorsement.

Jen

Cyburbian
I post count is highest here at cyburbia, I also visit the straightdope, unaboard, fabulous forums of fathom and the brunching shuttlecocks www.brunchma.com. Message boards only. I keep far away from live chat.

Oh and I used to hang with the class of '80 at classmates.com until they pulled the plug on the free message boards.