• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Oz

Jeff

Cyburbian
Anyone else into OZ on HBO??

Great show, much better than the Sopranos, but the man love has got to go.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Mike DeVuono said:
Anyone else into OZ on HBO??

Great show, much better than the Sopranos, but the man love has got to go.
Yeah, I watch Oz on most Friday nights. But I don't think that we get the most up to date seasons. You gotta love a show where you can see Luke Perry burned (almost) to death.

The man love doesn't bug me... it bugs me that every time I start to get into a character, he gets killed off.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I've rented the first season on DVD, and now the second season just got released, so I'm a few years behind.

donk

Cyburbian
I've watched it on fridays, "showcase, TV without borders", right after the documentary show Kink. If I am still awake or at home.

It seems pretty good, but I have not watched enough consecutive episodes to really understand what is going o or really know any characters names. On a realated note, did everyone from that show end up getting jobs with law and order. (the male cop on SVU, the female cop on criminal intent, even as extras / single appearances there has been some cross over)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
donk said:
It seems pretty good, but I have not watched enough consecutive episodes to really understand what is going o or really know any characters names. On a realated note, did everyone from that show end up getting jobs with law and order. (the male cop on SVU, the female cop on criminal intent, even as extras / single appearances there has been some cross over)
The chick from Providence was a DA on OZ too.

Jeff

Cyburbian
My wife mentioned the Law and Order thing too last night...I never really noticed until then.

donk

Cyburbian
last night episode really drove it home (the connection, nothing to do with man love)