• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

paintball parking

ambmason

Cyburbian
I am reviewing a proposal for an outdoor paintball business with three fields and I need to address parking, however our regulations don't address paintball- or even other outdoor entertainment things like mini-golf.
Does anyone have regulations for this kind of thing that I can use to report how other jurisdictions regulate this use? They are sharing parking with an existing skating rink and our regulations for that (at one space per 100 feet) just wouldn't work for outdoor fields.
Thanks.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
We use 1.5-2 spaces per hole for mini-golf

for paintball, I guess it would have to be related to the length of a paintball session and how often they cycle (begin-finish)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Interesting question. Most of our outdoor recreation requires one per four users, plus one per staff.

Never occurred to us that a developer would ever s t r e t c h the truth about their parking requirements;-)