• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Paper on Peak Oil

Quail64

Cyburbian
Hello everybody! It's been awhile since my last post because I've been very busy these days. However, I have a favor to ask somebody-

I am in a community involvement class and one of the requirements of the class is to write a paper on a social topic that interests us. I chose peak oil/the social ramifications of an oil based society. I have written the paper and it's been edited once by my dad, but I need a professional to read it and critique it based on some class-set guidelines. So if anyone is interested and would care to read it, I would appreciate it very much.

BKM

Cyburbian
He may be an over-the-top writer, but Kunstler has several links on his page to sites focusing on this issue. Check out www.kunstler.com

Quail64

Cyburbian
I have read many of his articles, though none of his books. I agree with much of what he has to say, but I think he complains too much without suggesting possible resolutions. I started reading his stuff at a fairly bitter time in my life, so it all struck me as very true, but in retrospect, I wish he wouldn't be so pessimistic.

Anyone want to read my paper?

Quail64

Cyburbian
Sorry to press the matter, but if someone would just read my paper and throw in a few comments, it would help me immensely. One of the requirements of the paper is that I get a proffesional in the area we are studying to read it. It's nothing too formal, as it is just a high school class. I was hoping a cyburbanite would be willing to read it, but if not I'll have to find someone else soon.

Last request for this, I promise ;-)

bmoore81

Im not the best, but send it to me and I will take a look at it. Im off to grad school so someone somewhere thinks I know my stuff.
PM me and I will send you my email address

GL