• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.
  • On Thursday night (2/21), I did something I probably shouldn't have with the server. I lost about 90 posts and three new users in the process. If you registered on Thursday, please re-register. If you posted on Thursday, maybe post twice as much on Friday? Again, I apologize. :(

Parking Parking for outdoor recreation fields

Nancy Zobl

Does anyone know of any good standards for outdoor recreation fields. I'm particularly interested in soccor and softball fields. Most regulations are based on the number of seats, but what if there aren't any seats?

Nancy,

Here are a couple of examples you may find useful:

Twenty spaces for every diamond or athletic field, or one space for every four seats, whichever is greater. One seat is equal to two feet of bench length (St. Louis County, Mo).

One space per 5,000 square feet of land area (Lake Forest, Illinois).

At least one parking space for each five seats of design capacity (Hopkins, Minnesota).

These excerpts are from PAS Report #432, "Off-Street Parking Requirements."