• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Parking lot dimensions, auto and truck dimensions, turning radius

Would appreciate finding source, preferably online, that would give dimensions for parking areas, including parallel. Also need dimensions for cars, trucks, buses, campers, etc., as well as turning radius needed, for design of access roads. I have a 1962 publication, but would like to use current information. Thanks in advance.

lillian bean

I am an architecture student working on an urban planning project and I need information on dimensions of street widths such as one-way and, two-way streets. Also dimensions of parallel parking spaces, sidewalk widths, and landscaping space along the street. Any help would be appreciated.

Jerry Weitz

Cyburbian
A source I often turn to for questions such as these is Time Saver Standards for Site Planning by DeChiara and Koppelmann. It is vintage 1984 by the standards you are seeking have not changed much if any, although most jurisdictions are going to skinnier streets and wider sidewalks. Good diagrams you can use in Time Saver Standards for Site Planning. The book is not available on line.