• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

peace corp + masters programs

URBan

I'm wondering what peoples think about the peace corp and urban design/planning programs offered by schools such as V-Tech?http://www.uap.vt.edu/academics/mip/MIPNewsletter.pdf

Has anyone completed one of these programs? If so, did it open many doors for you within the planning profession, both internationally and domestically? Do you have an advantage if applying for an international position? Are you more respected in the planning community(stateside) or was your time abroad dismissed as not really applicable to the planning world in the states.

Unrelated question:: I checked out all the posts about MA programs, but found nothing concerning CUNY-Hunter.
I read that this university had a very respected planning program? True?

thanks...

plannerkat

Cyburbian
Florida State also has a very respected MIP program. I did not complete this program, but know many who did and describe their experience in glowing terms and consider it to have a very positive impact on their professional future. FSU's Urban and Regional Planning office should be more than happy to put you in contact with alumni of this program.